JG M4 CQB Battery Problems/idea

JerseyRider
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi well this was my first rifle so maby i have not treated it as well as i should of but the crane stock type battery has lived its last day

But what i was wondering was is it better to buy another crane stock type (which will most likely get broken again due the the wires getting nipped inside the stock) or to invest some money into it and wire it to the fount and get a PEQ box for it then eventually replace the stock with a tactical one?

At the moment this isn't my primary weapon but i would like to get it working just in case i go to a CQB site (which i am looking forward to doing)

Thanks for any advice

• 2 weeks later...

Well...

Got two AN/PEQ boxes broken during CQB. Reason? Moving fast, moving aggressive, moving next to the wall, enemy fire, duck! Through the door! *crrrack!* Ooops... AN/PEQ on the floor... oh, look at all the pretty wires... what? Short-circuit? Smoke? Holy crap...!

Got the idea? :P

I don't really like the laser boxes. They're causing your rifle to go out of balance and are easy to damage/tear off. Also, the battery inside usually isn't as well isolated and gives away much heat, causing it to loose power much faster.

I'd stick to a crane stock anyway...

Archived