Airsoft alt

ostrich160
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have decided to play airsoft with my friends, because it is cheap, but some of them dont like the idea of it, so we are going to buy airsoft guns and (this is were you come in) we are looking for airsoft BB alternatives. For example foam, as long as it works with any or most airsoft guns. Please provide links of where you can buy it (preferably UK stores, or ones that ship to UK) and it must be powerful enough to hit its target good but weak enough so you dont need body armour or masks. The reason we want to se airsoft guns is because there (like paintball) are so many great ones, AK-47, snipers, ect.... that others (like nerf) do not sell. We have found some land that nobody uses so we will play there. No cap guns, they must shoot something.

Thank you so much

Tom

• Supporters

You can't simply buy airsoft guns and put other items in them as ammo.

- They won't feed properly.

- They'll jam most of the time.

- They won't shoot accurately or far (if they shoot at all).

- They'll ruin the gun in no time.

- You should always wear masks when using airsoft guns.

You cannot play on just any land that 'nobody' uses.

- It's trespassing.

- You can't carry airsoft guns in public, unless they're in sealed gun bags and completely out of sight of the public.

- You definitely can't shoot airsoft guns, unless it's on your own land and out of site of public, or at an insured airsoft field on game days.

Also, I bet almost anything you and your friends don't have UKARA.

It's because of people like you and your friends that the VCRA & UKARA is in place!

What you should do is book you and your friends in for an airsoft day at your local site with hire guns, then they would be provided with all they need for the day (maybe excluding ammo, which you can buy there), I'm pretty certain that they would enjoy it. And if they don't enjoy it, then they haven't wasted money on a gun, and none of your have gotten yourselves arrested!

• Supporters

Listen to liam

Firstly, no you cant, why would you want to- unless your friends are scared.

If they are, tell them not to be so pathetic

DO NOT play in an area that you do not own or isnt a proper site, its illegal and its people like you who ruin this sport.

Tell you friends to man up

Then I'm sorry but I'm not doing airsoft, if you have to play it in a designated place then even nerds better, I would rather pretend I'm shooting when I'm not then go once a month and have to book it and all that. Me and my friend just want to play warfare, but obviously airsoft cannot furfill this

Mate, you wouldnt drive a car in your house? you dont have to book, you can turn up on the day in most areas and if you really wanted too, you could play in your back garden...i cant make you play if you dont want to, but i hope you will stay!

• Supporters

Okay suit yourself, you'll see sense and have a go at airsoft one day.

But until then, have fun running around someone else's land with your friends holding imaginary guns shouting, "Bang! You're dead!" at each other!

• Supporters

To be fair, with an attitude as has so far been demonstrated, there's two options; too young to be airsofting anyways (mentally at least, I know we have some very mature youngsofters), or frankly not someone who should be airsofting.

wow....... harsh! cut him some slack. I remember when i was like that... lucky i had school grounds to play on (i asked the head teacher) but ye, dont play on land thats not yours, just ask the owner to play on it, the worst he can say is no and make sure people (like dog walkers) dont come round and put up a sign showing that your using his land for airsoft. Right now i play in a woods (far from paths) with my mates that we are aloud to play on.

listen to what liam said, play at a sight to see if you enjoy airsoft and ye, maybe you should grow a pair... it doesn't hurt (unless your idiot mates shoot you way to close with a 450fps gun in the leg making it bleed and ending up in a huge argument, making the other person quit airsoft...) but even then, it hurts for a couple of seconds then all gone.

Find a remote place where nobody goes, ask the land owner to play airsoft on his land, put up a sign to any entrances stating your playing airsoft and then your good to go(make sure everyone knows) :)

Also don't cheap out on a gun, they will just break... if you do play at a sight (they normally use professional guns e.i powerful expensive guns) then go for the professional guns because they are waaaaaay more fun!! please be responsible and where safety glasses at all times. don't ban airsoft for all of us!

cheers

Thank you so much to everyone that said I should stay, it's given me the faith to at least give it a go. And those who do not, I'm sur in time we will become friends

Archived