airsoft mystery boxes

pjc71
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi i thought you might be interested in this its a video off youtube showing a airsoft mystery unboxing you pay a $100 and get sent a box full of various guns i know of at least 4 places in the states that do it shame we dont have it over here check out the link

maybe we should send emails to all the major uk airsoft shops and see if they would do it lol

LMAO AS-GI put a picture of a minigun on their FB page and they said, this might be in the next mystery box, everyone was like OMG A MINIGUN FROM AS-GI,

i just comment...A picture of a minigun?! YESS!

Publicity stunt methinks, to get people to buy stuff so they can empty old stuff from the warehouse...

Its all real my friends, you could get WE Hi-capas or gift vouchers and BB's, depends :P

• Supporters

They're used to get rid of aging stock without worry about warranty, returns etc.

You get what you get, as is.

They're still an awesome idea.

I'd buy one a month if they had them in the UK xD

I'm not sure if this is true or not but holy s**t did this guy get a f**k load!!

He says JK at the very end of that video ;)

But it probably is to get rid of clearance stock as Finius says :D

• Supporters

It's simple retail tactics; if you have stuff and you don't know whether it's any good, you just get rid of it in bulk; this can, in airsoft include stuff for which you can no longer get parts, is out of warranty or is generally old (due to the nature of plastics used in gearboxes, and especially pistol mags, they can sometimes disintegrate if they're left for too long without proper cleaning and relubricating). Sometimes it's just because they no longer have the rights to distribute a certain brand/item and they need to clear it out before the new exclusive retailer takes over...

They'll work out how much stuff they have, and work out what they need to earn from the whole inventory to make it so they break even overall, then they parcel it up randomly into say, 100 boxes, divide their total by 100 and all the boxes are sold for that. People will buy them because humans are naturally impulsive risk takers :P

Giving them away as mystery items absolves the seller of responsibility xD

Edit: Either the above, OR they order too much stuff/get sent too much and need it gone quick etc...

or they could be in a giving mood.................PHAHAHAHAHa

• 8 months later...

Airsoft Gi does them.

usually filled with over order stuff and broken/returned AEG's they can't be bothered to fix.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?cPath=445

you may get something nice, you may get something not, you may get 50 grenade pouches or something else

You can buy broken stuff without warranty from action hobbies.

Archived