Surrey Based Newbe

magicaldr
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Quick intro and hello from Surrey. Old paintball skirmisher here, been plinking for a good few years in the garden and have the odd (cheap) RIF from pre VCRA days. Wont get into my views on the VCRA though here as sure it done to death and it could have been much worse :)

Eyes set somewhere on either MP5 variant or maybe M4. The King Arms "Transparent" metal body M4 is looking good, but so is the blue two toned MP5. Or may just sort out UKARA and go RIF, not really sure as yet. Almost feel that the transparent M4 being see through may blend in better with camo than the RIF version? Anyone had the chance to compare? Also the blue MP5 I actually rather like the blue used over the full black ones, odd but that me.

Anyways look forward to running into peeps around the Surrey Hampshire borders at a skirmish site. Any suggestions on good ones always welcome, and thanks to whoever posted the link to all the skirmish sites. Have a few in mind to try now, when the wife not looking as she doesnt like 'guns'. Interesting standpoint as she loves paintball, but I cant afford £100 every game per head, guns that weigh quarter of a ton and shoot badly or being black n blue after a days play.

Airsoft seems to have a lot going for it v paintball, and the wife has told me to get fitter so may be a loophole there...

• 2 weeks later...
welcome so which sites you planning on visiting? *cough* southdown airsoft

If that a suggestion, could be very soon. Now proud owner of a ICS M4 (Transparent) which once the battery is fully charged I can see being serious fun. Popped 300 test rounds down the garden already, my small pistol target (sticky) looking a bit worse for wear after a beating from the M4 on full auto. Sadly I had only part charged the battery, just could not resist a test so I didnt get too long playing before she died on me. It on for a proper (7 hour according to the calc on forum) charge now.

Already eyeing up replacement metal bits for as soon as I can get the UKARA sorted out. Although think it will be some time before I start swapping out receivers as at £65 a pop (and lower 1/2 out of stock everywhere anyway). Wife would kill me if I took it full metal too quickly :) So UKARA (or legit defence) will more than beat my ability to convert this to RIF so no legality issues.

Got my 5.11 tactical gear sorted for play, going for a close protection feel with practical clothes. 5.11 pretty tough with built in knee pads and pockets for my 1 spare mag / pistol (springer, but I like it and lower power at close range). Just working out what eye protection I want to skirmish in as my DIY goggles while solid and great in the garden I think rather spoil the skirmishing look.

First skirmish if it comes off this Sunday at Paintzone, crossing fingers.

Local site Elite Action at Dorking offers good play as does Battle Lakes at Tundridge Wells

Cool thanks, was looking to get out on Sunday but not heard back from the paint site (advertising an airsoft day here on the forum) so will look those ones up :)

Now looked up battle lakes, very tempting if an hour away. Gun (according to the hand written FPS on the box) is 348fps, so should be ok for the lakes and unlike the paint site will count towards a ukara membership. Just need to sort babysitting, kit and maybe a spare battery out as well as look into how to doengrade my ICS so I can play "The Mall" which also looks fun.

Thanks again for tip.

Archived