"Retro" Gaming 1995-2001

Finius

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Recently bought the Metal Gear Solid oldies and Final Fantasy X/X-2 that have been re-released in HD for PS3.

New games don't even scratch the fun of the classics.

• Supporters

gog.com sells quite a lot of old PC games very cheap, they've even modified a number of them so they work in Windows 7(Dungeon Keeper 2 and Theme Hospital included) without faffing about. I'm actually finding it really hard not to buy games when they are a couple of quid each and I was bad enough with steam....

gog.com sells quite a lot of old PC games very cheap, they've even modified a number of them so they work in Windows 7(Dungeon Keeper 2 and Theme Hospital included) without faffing about. I'm actually finding it really hard not to buy games when they are a couple of quid each and I was bad enough with steam....

My steam account is worth over $720.

How the heck did that get the jump on me?!

My steam account is worth over $720.

How the heck did that get the jump on me?!

I just checked mine

$1538.32

$2600 here.

That't just my legitimate games. I have 2TB worth of "pirated" games :/

I think about half of all my games are unplayed still :/

My oldest gaming memory was playing Sonic 2 on my neighbour's Mega Drive. At age 2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Gaming you say,i started out fairly early with the NES then mega drive/snes earliest memory has to be mario or a REALLY hard TMNT game which name escapes me
or some Retro story Based pc game at school lol

• Supporters

My first memory of games (outside of arcades that is) was playing some traffic light game on an old Commodore Pet at my middle school. I would have been around 12 I guess so 1982ish?

God I feel old now.

I remember around 1984 Thatcher decided every school should have a computer so our primary school got a Links Machine??? I think it was called..... No one actually used it for programming apart from one of the teachers who made a pirate game that everyone in the whole school would queue up in line to play haha

• 1 month later...

Final fantasy 7 might be old but never grows old. Amazing game, my favourite tbh , waiting for them to announce a remake of it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.