what to upgrade, when upgrading a spring

mafiadragon
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

i need help i have a JG M4 Carbine and i want to upgrade it to about a 400 fps spring,

at the moment it crono'd at 300fps,

Can u guys tell me what spring would be best and what other parts i would need to upgrade.

thanks in advance

plz reply

craig

• Supporters

why do you want/need it to be 400 fps?

nutster

hi thanks for replying,

i would like it to be like that to give my gun a bit more "OMPH" :).

i had just put a Madbull 509mm barrel in it and a systema hop up,

and it does not really move far ( i kinda want it to be a sniper m4 :) )

craig

Yer :lol:

i asked the guy that own's or runs ( i think ) Elite Action Games Worthing and he said

"along as i have something physicaly stopping the gun from going to full auto im allowed to have up to 400fps on semi auto, but no higher"

:)

So does anyone know what i need to upgrade to be safe??

Yer :lol: i asked the guy that own's or runs ( i think ) Elite Action Games Worthing and he said "along as i have something physicaly stopping the gun from going to full auto im allowed to have up to 400fps on semi auto, but no higher" :) So does anyone know what i need to upgrade to be safe??
JG M4, eh? What model? Give me the specific manufacturer code (i.e. BI-3881 for Boyi guns) and I'll tell you what to do ;)

What the heck got messed up with the last post?  :blink:

Whatever... it's readable...

• Supporters

take/find a picture of it, or even better a link of where you got it from, either of which should help to narrow down which model it is

nutster

this is the website i got it from http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/JG-M4-A1-AE...Tone_AIV4G.aspx

craig

Well... just get the spring ;)

I suppose your gun has 330 FPS because it's adjusted to the laws/rules in UK. Thankfully, I don't have such problems and had tested the same model shooting at 430 FPS (stock in Poland), also tried it on a M150 spring at time. And it lasted. 

Anyways, the model's the same, so it seems they just changed the spring - I doubt they'd put in another gearbox. And remember: JG guns are tough. Real tough. ###### tough. John Rambo-type tough ;)

Archived