Tight Bore Barrels

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I'm looking for a tight bore for my L96 with PDI hop-up, so it uses AEG barrels.

Anyway, up until today, I was getting the MadBull 6.03x650mm TBB, but I noticed Action Hobbies now have Deep Fire tight bores, and was wondering about the Deep Fire 6.02x705mm (PSG-1) TBB.

Would the extra 55mm length and .01mm diameter make much difference? (Both will fit within my silencer).

Does the Deep Fire one have the standard AEG cuttings, even though it's for the TM PSG-1?

I've never heard of Deep Fire before, are their barrels good compared to MadBull? (I read that DF use stainless steel and MB use aluminium).

Which barrel would you get if you were going to get one?

Thanks a lot!

Deep Fire have got a pretty good reputation. However, I've never actually used one of their barrels, so not 100% sure.

I'm assuming this is the Warrior L96 - if so the barrel won't really make a lot of difference. It would improve consistency, but the difference between this and the one you're currently running won't really be noticeable (the real source of the Warrior's inconsistency is more the piston than anything else, so unless you've sorted this, the improvement won't be noticeable)

• Supporters

Okay, thanks :)

And is that inconsistency in accuracy or FPS?

What piston would I need to get to increase consistency?

And what other upgrades would I need along with this?

And even if no noticeable difference in accuracy, there's stuff wrong with the stock setup;

- barrel notch for hop bucking is not aligned with the cut for where the hop bucking is pushed down (forget what it's called), so it means there is uneven spin on the BBs, so they always fly off to the left really badly.

- The stock hop-up isn't proper sized (the adjustment screw isn't same size as the hole on the outer barrel), so I can't adjust it without taking the whole thing out. (I could cut a larger hole in the outer barrel).

- The hop up isn't good enough to keep .4s in the air at all.

Thanks.

I've just ordered a madbull 603. tight bore every time I hear about it it's always good stuff so I'm looking forward to getting it in my gun.

Okay, thanks :)

And is that inconsistency in accuracy or FPS?

What piston would I need to get to increase consistency?

And what other upgrades would I need along with this?

And even if no noticeable difference in accuracy, there's stuff wrong with the stock setup;

- barrel notch for hop bucking is not aligned with the cut for where the hop bucking is pushed down (forget what it's called), so it means there is uneven spin on the BBs, so they always fly off to the left really badly.

- The stock hop-up isn't proper sized (the adjustment screw isn't same size as the hole on the outer barrel), so I can't adjust it without taking the whole thing out. (I could cut a larger hole in the outer barrel).

- The hop up isn't good enough to keep .4s in the air at all.

Thanks.

I use a Deepfire 6.02 in my M40, and the accuracy over the stock barrel was definitely worth it. I'd recommend the deepfire over the madbull so you can polish the barrel. Polishing gives a huge advantage over teflon coated barrels.

I think he means FPS, and through FPS variances accuracy will suffer too. Laylax pistons all the way. Hell, just get laylax EVERYTHING :D

• Supporters

LayLax is expensive! I think I'll get the 650mm tight bore, and my gun's consistent enough, 479.1-480.9 over 15 shots, so yeah :)

I'd personally stick to the stock barrel length, it's going to be much more accurate than extended barrels because it matches the cylinder volume.

• Supporters

Really? Hm, I intend on upgrading cylinder, trigger system etc in the future, but yeah maybe :P

Oh, and I just got my pistol. How do you know when the mag is full of gas, the instructions are all in Japanese and the pictures don't seem to make much sense.. Is Abbey Ultra gas good for TM Glock 17 plastic GBB? and any tips on looking after it etc? :)

Well I generally fill mine until gas either starts spilling out of the top, or I can't hear it anymore (you can hear gas filling, you'll know when it stops) Not a very good explanation I know but I hope it helps...

Looking after it is easy, just keep all the contact parts lubed up. It doesn't need to be swamped, but there needs to be enough on there. I use my P226 on propane, and it's fine. It used to have a plastic slide like your glock, but it's got a metal one now. Should be fine on propane/green gas.

• Supporters

Okay thanks :), which gas lasts longer? they seem to use quite a lot?

Archived