Name my gun!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Neatly scratch it on the metal somewhere maybe? Or a sticker? :L

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Use sharpie :P or a compass, use the sharp part to scratch it into the receiver :lol:

sit there with an M9 bayonet doing it,

phobos and deimos

fear and death

planning to scratch them on my 1911's

but i have no problem with people copying the idea

planning to scratch them on my 1911's

but i have no problem with people copying the idea

Nice idea! I was thinking of writing 'Death' But in german! (H&K) But since its a plastic slide is scratching be the right way of doing it?

Edit: Deffo not Death as it is 'Tod', Fear is better: 'Furcht'. Any other cool words you can think of?

lol, So what do you think of 'Furcht'?

Off topic: Look what I found http://www.justbbguns.co.uk/index.php?page...49&cname=BB

Hand me a God damn bucket NOW!! Also JustBBguns is now selling box mags for M4's....... Oh dear.

Call it Mr Schmooplepuss IV.

Go on, you know you want to. Scratch it into the side of your gun. The post the photos for me to laugh comment on.

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCBwEDPazXo

Coming from a Northern engineering family, I have a habit of naming machines (especially attributing female names). I'm tempted to name my LSW and SIG, but I'm not sure I'd paint/etch it them. But to be honest I'd Just remember the names. Mostly because at the moment I have several possible names floating around.

• Supporters

There's always somewhere :P On the M4, try the bulge/tubey bit of the receiver in line with the stock. We used to do that.

My old team used to label all our guns with something on the receiver, and then on every major removable part (e.g barrel assemblies, gearboxes etc), so that if the techie was doing any mass-services, he could make sure nothing got lost; everything went in the right gun, and if he found something, he could figure out easily which gun it went in.

Each gun type had a colour (red = AK, blue = M4, support = green), then we gave each gun a number as well (if a gun was sold, the old number was retired and any new guns of that type would simply go from the last number in use). My M4 was Blue6 - it's not exactly a name, but it was still an identifier.

EDIT: If you use a sharpie, it'll come off with nail varnish remover, meaning you won't have to paint over anything if you choose to sell.

Archived