Battery Life

Cameron364
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

As above, it varies from one to two and a bit shots per MAh; dependant on gearbox strain, battery quality etc.

The battery that comes with that gun is probably 1100MAh; I don't like to go to a skirmish with less than 3000MAh, but usually only use one battery.

Being part of the CA value package, it'll probably of decent/average quality so will probably get you about 1500 rounds at a total guess.

I'd buy a second at some point anyways just in case. If you're playing at the grange/honiley, they'll quick charge your battery for you between games if it runs out anyways, a lot of sites do the same.

• Supporters

It depends on the type of battery, but not long for the smaller ones; generally if you stick it on charge when the game ends, there'll be enough juice to play the next game. It'd certainly charge completely over the lunch break (start the day fully charged, then stick it on charge over lunch and you should definitely be fine).

A battery with greater capacity (mAh) is always a boon, but when buying you have to be careful that it will fit into the available space. The ones on component-shop.co.uk have dimension info.

Also, be careful not to over-volt your motor.

• Supporters

As above. More MAh = more shooting.

The battery that comes with the gun should be decent; it may be a CA Sportline, but it's still CA and that's more than can be said for chinese batteries (I daresay the battery will be standard CA quality). It's always worth having a second battery anyways; you never know when a battery will go down; for what, £15? It can't hurt to get one, even if you barely use it.

This post is totally anally retentive, but I'm like that.

These batteries are rated in mAh, specifically, not MAh. The reason for this is that the case of the 'm' indicates the scale of the rating.

mAh (lower case m) means milliamp hours, or the duration of the battery when drawing a milliamp, which is a thousandth of an amp.

MAh (upper case M) means mega-amp hours, or the duration of the battery when drawing a mega amp, which is a million amps.

Of course you'll never find a MAh battery at this scale, so the distinction really is kind of irrelevant, but it bugs me.

• Supporters
This post is totally anally retentive, but I'm like that.

These batteries are rated in mAh, specifically, not MAh. The reason for this is that the case of the 'm' indicates the scale of the rating.

mAh (lower case m) means milliamp hours, or the duration of the battery when drawing a milliamp, which is a thousandth of an amp.

MAh (upper case M) means mega-amp hours, or the duration of the battery when drawing a mega amp, which is a million amps.

Of course you'll never find a MAh battery at this scale, so the distinction really is kind of irrelevant, but it bugs me.

I sucked at electronics, I was really only in it for melting solder into little balls...

Good to know :D

Archived