TM SOPMOD Blowback?

Mitchell Gee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Well, technically yes, it is very, very good- huge range, new marui system with a nice kick for an ebb.

Although, they are hugely let down by their battery packs- they cost £35 each and are terrible, as in they last 12 mags at a push (mid caps)

you can get around this problem by getting the battery's cells replaced but thats roughly another £20.

Its a shame tbh

BUT! its not all bad news!

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...amp;id=TMM4A1ER

this one, is the same internally so has the blowback and the brilliant hop-up but takes standard batteries.

They are great guns, and i completely recommend them, but you just have to think about mags and batteries as they are both proprietary :( to get a skirmishable setup itll cost another £150ish for mags and batts)

But i cant emphasize enough, they are great- in aeg terms, id say second only to the ptw, but you do pay for it

Kk thanks, im looking at other guns atm, but i cant bring myself to having a two-toned masada :( im thinking maybe classic army scar-l but i realy dont know :(

• Supporters

i would personally hunt you down if you got a two tone masada :P:lol:

If you want a scar l there is the vfc, which is regarded as the best non blowback one, then theres the tm electric blowback one and the we gbbr- although after a while the stock plate and pin break on these

HOw much do you have, ill see if there's anything else I can think of for you :)

£500, im tempted by ares or star but i want to know a few things first

1. are the internals good?

2. will the ares work with the star quick change barrels?

3. are they worth the money?

• Supporters

I would never touch an ares gun, there m4 is crap, the tavor is pitiful, I'd rather eat a panda than touch their g36's..... I've run out of things to complain about now :lol:

But ares/star (they are essentually the same company) are generally bad, the QC isn't good enough.

Saying that, there SA80 series is brilliant

1. judging by most of there other guns, no- but I havent heard any horror stories about the scars so it's your call.

2. should do, but im not 100% sure- but i cant see why not.

3.I'd say no, you're looking at £350 minimum (without eglm)

For that price- how about a tm m14, they are superb. You could get an Echo 1 XCR, from what i've heard they are supposed to be quite good. Marui AK or G36 with recoil? Real sword type 56, type 97 or even the type 88 when it's released.

Marui are making a new scar l cqb and g36c (both with recoil) coming out soon as well.

A g&p m4? for that price you afford to completely kit it out.

ICS mx5 pro is also a possibility.

You could also take a look into a WE tech gbbr if you think youu are up to the maintennance etc.

my minds made up, the classic army scar-l, i was watching a comparison vid and they said its the toughest, all though the plastic looks and feels nasty, it is realy tough

• Supporters

I didn't like the ca one. I found the vfc shoots better from stock. But just be aware, herb your info from more sources, as one could be biased etc (not saying I'm not biased- I probably am tbh :P)

For example its easy to find lots if sources suggesting makes, for instance i could easily go out and find lots if things saying that really the g&g is best it the ca or the vfc id you see what I mean

Id recommend trying them first so you can decide

• Supporters
but i dont like the look of the way you have to adjust the hop-up

Really? I though that was one of the best parts about the vfc, it allows you to make more precise adjustments

But fair enough lol.

Btw it might be worth talking to Alex gale, I think he has a ca scar

• Supporters

Oh my bad lol

Not very tbh, and even if you are worried about loosing it, you could just take it out and keep it in your gun bag- to won't need it during playing anyway

I don't know if this is much to go by but Steve the owner of Combat south a local site and shop near me said that the new TM GBB range is the best on the market and very much worth the money.

Tm gbb? Do you mean ebb lol?

But yeah, they simply amazing

Thats the one lol, I was thinking of getting one of these as my next gun is Steve correct in what he is saying?

• Supporters

One hundred percent correct, I have seen them outrange a systema ptw which is twice the price.

I'm tempted about getting one (recce rifle ftw), I can't decide between that it a gbb m4.

Archived