Little advice on gas pistols please?

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Okay, so I decided I can spend a little more money than an AEP on a sidearm (well, I won't be paying anymore :D). Anyway, what's a suitable pistol side arm for me to use with my sniper.

I'm looking for something reliable, that will perform relatively well no matter what the weather conditions, one that is not too expensive as my dad has offered to pay for it. Would preferably like one that comes with a speed loader, and it can't exceed 345 fps.

One's I really like are M9s and M1911s, kinda like the Glocks, but not the small stubby ones.

I was also wondering how a gas pistol works.. I mean I know literally nothing.

Could you please answer these? Thanks.

What's the best pistol for me to get, not too much over £100 please?

How do you put the gas in? I seen someone putting gas in the magazine?

What gas would I need to buy that's reliable? Link to it would be very helpful so I know what I'm after :)

Any other advice that would help me out?

Thanks a lot, I really hope this makes enough sense for you to read it, I'm so tired..

• Supporters

get a marui, its worth it.

As a sniper I'd get a tm mk23 socom, quieter than silence- and im not joking :)

Failing that a marui hicapa or 1911 is a good choice- sadly their m9 has a fixed hop :(

they are made to be ran on 134a gas, but in british wheather, green gas or propane seems to work ok.

just google green gas

Yeah gas goe in the magazines

• Supporters

Thanks, quite like the look of the hi-capas actually, much difference in the 4.3 and 5.1, or just looks?

And how do the pistols actually for if the gas goes in the mag? So confused :/

• Supporters

Oh, that's nothing too difficult for me to manage :)

How's maintenance on them?

• Supporters

What lube? 100% silicon, yeah?

EDIT:

Also, I heard that plastic TM pistols are better/more reliable than the full metal ones?

• Supporters

Am I better off getting a TM plastic or aTM metal?

• Supporters
Plastic anyday, ones with metal slides are less gas efficient, but do have more kick,

the tm plastic is brilliant anyway

Okay, is the TM Glock 17 a good first choice? This one

What gas is best to use for it, seeing it's plastic?

I heard that the plastic cracks if you use certain gases?

And do you have to use green gas on first use or something?

Thanks.

• Supporters

its a good choice

use 134a to be safe, its what tm pistols are originally designed for, though they tend to be ok on stronger

if u use a too powerful gas then it could, in the uk i doubt itd happen unless it was a really hot day

not as far as I know..... id just use abbey ultra or 134a if I were u

• Supporters

Okay thanks a lot :). It's been hot here recently, was 29degrees C at airsoft on Sunday and has been 34 today!

• 1 month later...

Tokyo Marui Tokyo Marui Tokyo Marui Tokyo Marui Tokyo Marui Tokyo Marui.

I own a Tokyo Marui Foliage Warrior, when I say its accurate, its god damn accurate, lol.

I can't wait to get Tritium night sights for it!

The marui plastics are very rigid, which won't put you off full plastic.

If you ever want a full metal parts though you can look on www.eliteshootingcentre.co.uk.

• Supporters

Yeah, I got the TM Glock 17, I love it! Really accurate, love the blow back on it, was a bit too trigger happy when I used it though :P

• 1 month later...
Yeah, I got the TM Glock 17, I love it! Really accurate, love the blow back on it, was a bit too trigger happy when I used it though :P

i got me a glock 17 absolutely epic guns mine is plastic and works fine on green gas however only problem with plastic is after a lot of use the slide wears down

Archived