Top Gear

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

lucky you, i wish i hadnt :P

Amen to that. The only interesting part was finding out that he used to work on a building site and nearly killed someone.

Saw the military vehicles place.

Repeatedly rubbed eyes to check I wasn't seeing things.

My military vehicles nerd mode went into overdrive, they've got some real vintage stuff down there. For example, I spotted an M7 Priest 105mm SP-howitzer (still in US Army artillery colours for Operation Husky) and the rear M31 Lee/Grant ARV, also WW2 vintage.

If I win the lottery, I know what (other than airsoft obviously) I'll be spending my winnings on...

• Supporters

Yeah, I think that was probably the best episode.

I thought Toiletty Walsh was quite a good guest, which surprised me. I like the fact that they did a useful couple of car tests for once, which I thought were actually good and those soldiers at the end were a real inspiration, I still feel humbled even now.

Plus, the Aventador was utterly insane. I hope I find £240k on the street some time soon :P.

• 7 months later...
  • Supporters

I want that awesome Bentley.

Even if it isn't really a Spitfire engine, it was one of the most beautiful machines I've ever seen.

I remember working for a Firm in the early 80s that moved Grain by Barge and we had a sort of huge Hoover/Blower to suck it out of the Vessels that used a pukka supercharged Merlin Engine to power it...it was a bleedin'Beast and in those days people probably didn't realise how valuable those Engines were going to become :-(

• AF-UK Founding Member

I notice the reviews are dropping a bit, I agree sort of. I think people have just got very used to TG and it is hard for them to find much new. They need to bring back the challenges and scoreboards for how well the cars do. The track day cars was good, but the tests were very samey and it lacked that quirk which you'd expect from TG.

Its quite hard when the range of interesting and cool cars are decreasing.

They need to do more crazy things like the convertible people carrier challenges IMO

• Supporters

I always look forward to the feature length specials that they do every once in a while when they go abroad somewhere and coat everything in controversy lol, usually at Christmas.

I think they ought to just do 4 of those a year or something, one per season, instead of the twice annual 6 part series.

Archived