coming back to airsoft

pjc71
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi can someone help me i gave up airsoft 3 yrs bk ive got a nice kitted out m-4 and a basic m-16 also a m-14 with scope plus a few gbb pistols i wish to restart my airsofting but can i still use these guns even if i havent got the ukara licence i bought these guns well before the law changed and i am happy just to use these for a few months and then get my licence can anyone help

many thanks

You're free to use them. When the law changed it didn't affect ownership, only the sale/purchase of weapons.

thanks for the quick reply devastator thats put my mind at ease

• Supporters

You may still use your guns.

The VCRA has NO bearance on your right to own Realistic Imitation Firearms (RIF) or Imitation Firearms (IF) that where purchased BEFORE October 1st 2007, from that date, it has NO bearance on any "RIF" or "IF" which was purchased of gifted to someone in accordance with the VCRA guidelines.

In short, you're fine, don't worry about it at all.

Here's my advice on getting sorted so you CAN buy RIF again:

You will not be able to purchase any NEW "RIF" until you have established your role as a skirmisher again, provided you are over 18. You can purchase IF as long as you are again, over 18, but do not need to be a skirmisher (these are usually two-tone or clear bodied). Some guns, such as flintlocks, are not covered under the VCRA because of how old they are (pre-American Civil War), the same laws as used to exist still govern these, but most reputable retailers will still want to check your defense, just to make sure your usage will be legitimate (preventing airsoft from coming into disrepute).

The easiest way to do this is to play at least three times in a period longer than two months at one site and get something called placed on the database of something called UKARA (this is not a license, but it is a membership which the government have said they will accept as proof of your skirmisher status, most sites do not charge you for this). UKARA is needed for simplicity with most online retailers; there are other ways to prove your right, but most retailers will not take them (they're fully protected from the law by UKARA, so it makes sense).

If you're buying secondhand from forums etc, it is at the sellers discretion whether they take any form of defense, even UKARA, however most people will accept UKARA. Other options include creating a "skirmish diary"; a collection of evidence of your role as a skirmisher which has been signed/filled with receipts from skirmishes, photos of you skirmishing etc. UKARA is by no means your only option, but it is by far the easiest.

I hope that helps.

You may still use your guns.

The VCRA has NO bearance on your right to own Realistic Imitation Firearms (RIF) or Imitation Firearms (IF) that where purchased BEFORE October 1st 2007, from that date, it has NO bearance on any "RIF" or "IF" which was purchased of gifted to someone in accordance with the VCRA guidelines.

In short, you're fine, don't worry about it at all.

Here's my advice on getting sorted so you CAN buy RIF again:

You will not be able to purchase any NEW "RIF" until you have established your role as a skirmisher again, provided you are over 18. You can purchase IF as long as you are again, over 18, but do not need to be a skirmisher (these are usually two-tone or clear bodied). Some guns, such as flintlocks, are not covered under the VCRA because of how old they are (pre-American Civil War), the same laws as used to exist still govern these, but most reputable retailers will still want to check your defense, just to make sure your usage will be legitimate (preventing airsoft from coming into disrepute).

The easiest way to do this is to play at least three times in a period longer than two months at one site and get something called placed on the database of something called UKARA (this is not a license, but it is a membership which the government have said they will accept as proof of your skirmisher status, most sites do not charge you for this). UKARA is needed for simplicity with most online retailers; there are other ways to prove your right, but most retailers will not take them (they're fully protected from the law by UKARA, so it makes sense).

If you're buying secondhand from forums etc, it is at the sellers discretion whether they take any form of defense, even UKARA, however most people will accept UKARA. Other options include creating a "skirmish diary"; a collection of evidence of your role as a skirmisher which has been signed/filled with receipts from skirmishes, photos of you skirmishing etc. UKARA is by no means your only option, but it is by far the easiest.

I hope that helps.

hi many thanks for the info i am going to start going to combat south woodland again soon cant believe its been 4 yrs since that bill was passed oh well i will do my time and get my licence but to be honest i am happy with the kit ive got at the mo

Archived