Had an idea!

skillfulmmd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • AF-UK Founding Member

It might be nicer to let skillfulmmd do that as he has been pushing for this. Feel free to give him a hand since you have been on the forum a few months longer though.

Ok thanks a lot dev that's great to help well maybe using a a large scale pm to all the people listed would be a great help, I was thinking we could list the main sections of the guide and let people pick out the bits of information they are most suited to and then working what we have and what we need how does that sound to you guys?

And what do you guys think about using video guides for some stuff like lets say for example a text guide of how to fit a scope with images and video I know it may sound a bit patronizing to some people but it does assure everyone reading will have no problems.

I see you're already underway with working out what actually needs to be in it. I think after that you just need to give sections out to whoever volunteers. Then it's a matter of editing it to make sure the writing style is consistent etc. I do like the idea of video guides, they do work a lot better than trying to explain (especially for stuff such as gearbox info).

There have been quite a few tries at this and tbh they've all failed, but if this worked it'd be great :D

I think devs idea is the vest way, it'll be easier for everyone i think

By that you mean everyone meeting on the chat?

If so ill PM a time and date and if any one cant make it ill try and speak to them over pm or other means of communication.

Yeah, get a set time and then everyone who is interested can meet in the chat

now we just need a date and time :)

Well if I can finish the entire list of stuff that needs to be added and reshuffle whats already been carved out by tonight/tomorrow we can go for as early as tomorrow night or whenever after. Ill Pm ill interested asking them the best times for them and ill try and come up with a time to suit everyone.

and before I continue if you look back over the list so far marksman can you see anything that could be added other than edited?

Regards,

Mark.C

• Supporters

No, it looks like it's all there- I think you did a good job on that mate.

but yeah, try and get the times for the chat as soon as you can so we all know when to be online :)

I will put something together, but it wont be great...

Might be worth talking to Alex gale too, he has dine some player guides

Not all of them are his :P i wrote a few for him too...

Well I have still got some more to add to it and some more that need to be edited but ill try my best to finish it tonight as I got work tomorrow from 9-6ish so ill be on after that as well but I can eddited and speak a bit on my phone as well.

What times you free marksman and what are your main skills?

• Supporters

Im free anytime, just let me know lol

surprisingly enough i am a marksman lol so i can do anyhting to do with marksmen etc. so dmr's what to put in them, what stuff to put on them

Ill take anything really, ive been playing for ages so I know a fair bit if u know what I mean

I'll happily do anything tbh- although I'd like to do this section

Section 1.1 - a beginners guide to airsoft part 2

-first gun

-basic gear explained

-hand signals and basic communication

-where to buy

I can use a lot of my guide already for that too.

Im free anytime, just let me know lol

surprisingly enough i am a marksman lol so i can do anyhting to do with marksmen etc. so dmr's what to put in them, what stuff to put on them

Ill take anything really, ive been playing for ages so I know a fair bit if u know what I mean

I'll happily do anything tbh- although I'd like to do this section

Section 1.1 - a beginners guide to airsoft part 2

-first gun

-basic gear explained

-hand signals and basic communication

-where to buy

I can use a lot of my guide already for that too.

Haha I didn't really think about that. Ok then you can take that as your primary and I might pull you in for the DM in the Roles area if your cool with that?

as well as videos I will be using a lot of images do you have a DMR that you could use for this or shall I just pull one from the net Id rather have everything come from this site as to attain its origins maybe a water mark of the site banner.

Ok guys I have sent a PM with more details I sent one to everyone In this thread I believe look it over and follow the instructions please.

Thanks for the mention Dev ;)

I'd be very happy to help :D

I'm a DM primarily right now, but slowly getting more and more like a sniper but I've got a bit of experience here and there :)

Thanks for the mention Dev ;)

I'd be very happy to help :D

I'm a DM primarily right now, but slowly getting more and more like a sniper but I've got a bit of experience here and there :)

Well you can help out in both areas then that would be a great help two heads are better than one right. And you should have revived my PM as well so check that over and follow the instructions please.

• Supporters

Count me in. This is one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time.

I can cover firearms law/the VCRA in EXTREME detail, with pertinent law etc, can also get it confimed by one of my old professors at Uni, just to make sure it's good.

Got quite a lot of mechbox knowledge too, particularly in how to get peak performance and air seal.

Also got some knowledge about various other things and have a few suggestions to the makeup of the whole thing which I'd suggest (particularly how you'd structure the repair/upgrades section, because that could be a tricky one), but I need to figure them out properly first.

Would there be any objection to me using it to make booklets to give to all the players in Cov Uni AirSoc next year? Obviously as a freebie as part of their AirSoc membership as opposed to being sold to them?

Very pleased to be a part of this at any level.

-Tom.

Theres been a huge response so thanks to all you guys if we can keep the enthusiasm at this level this will be the most comprehensive guide on the internet and Finnius I guess you could as long as you specify where it was from and all I was thinking of using my Programming skills and knocking up an Android application of the guide so it can viewed out and about for obvious reasons. I will need to speak to Dev on that situation thought.

Complete credit will be given to all parties involved (I also intend for most of AirSoc to join here anyways :))

Ill double check with Dev and ill get back to you because I guess as its his site it will fall under his stipulation, but I'm sure it will be fine and a great way to get new people on the site.

Archived