Beginner looking to get into airsoft.

AlexxRogers
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey.

Long story short, I used to be one of those kids who always was interested in airsoft, obviously being too young I couldn't buy one. Now I'm a bit older, me and my girlfriend want to get into airsofting.

We're both in need of a couple of decent guns. I'm debating between a sniper and some sort of AEG. Where as she's not really bothered.

I still have all my old army equipment from cadets, so that's not a problem and I've found a club local to me where we plan to go and play.

Weapon wise, I'm quite fond of, L85's, MP5's, M4's and SCAR's. I don't want to spend too much money on my first weapon, but would like to spend a decent amount to get a decent one. Seriously considering getting second hand.

Any advice about anything would be appreciated, being a complete beginner and so forth.

Thanks,

Alex! :)

Welcome you both into the sport.

L85's are amazing :P but well over £240!

Try Classic Army sportlines, there great... if you have a slightly higher budget, try G&P M4's and if you win the lottery, try Systemas or CAW Miniguns :P

Welcome you both into the sport.

L85's are amazing :P but well over £240!

I think I'm going to look at single shot spring rifles to start with. :)

I'm looking for more a DMR than a CQB.

There's quite a few L85's for about £60. Then I can hopefully get an upgraded spring and upgraded barrel, if anyone knows of any?

Then hopefully buy some spare mags, a decent scope and lots of BB's!

Try Classic Army sportlines, there great... if you have a slightly higher budget, try G&P M4's and if you win the lottery, try Systemas or CAW Miniguns :P

The Classic Army guns look nice, not really sure on getting electric though.

Oh my, I've seen one of those mini guns, £3,500!

Thanks for all your help so far, I appreciate it from all of you. :)

• Supporters

Don't get a single shot spring rifle to start with, you will become board very quickly, get an AEG even if it is a cheap one.

DOn't spend less than £130 unless you want a piece of rubbish.

Those spring SA80's aren't really classed as airsoft guns, they're toys and cannot be upgraded at all.

Read the guide in my sig, it will help.

Buy a jing gong, classic army spportline, ICS plastic, G&G or SRC AEG- theyre the best for beginners

Don't get a single shot spring rifle to start with, you will become board very quickly, get an AEG even if it is a cheap one.

DOn't spend less than £130 unless you want a piece of rubbish.

Those spring SA80's aren't really classed as airsoft guns, they're toys and cannot be upgraded at all.

Read the guide in my sig, it will help.

Buy a jing gong, classic army spportline, ICS plastic, G&G or SRC AEG- theyre the best for beginners

Please don't tell me what I'll be. I don't like all the running around shooting at 800 rpm. I prefer slow and tactical, shooting people down 1 by 1.

Well, that sucks. No SA80 for me then.

I have read your guide and it was very helpful.

Like I said, being in the 'cadets' helped getting a basic understanding of the whole idea, but obviously airsoft is much different to what I was doing. However I'd still like to be slower and hidden. A bit like the sniper in Enemy At The Gates, I believe.

• AF-UK Founding Member

If you haven't played at all yet I'd recommend you at least go once and rent. That way you can be sure of exactly what you 'want to be/how you want to play' rather than deciding now when you have no experience of playing.

If you haven't played at all yet I'd recommend you at least go once and rent. That way you can be sure of exactly what you 'want to be/how you want to play' rather than deciding now when you have no experience of playing.

I imagine it's quite similar to laser quest or the exercises I used to do at cadets. Also I've been watching videos of Airsoft skirmishing on Youtube.

But sure your idea will most definitely make my mind up. I shall look into it.

Archived