DIY two tone

hunter241
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, i have a question. are attachments like foregrips considered acceptable to the 50% bright colour of an AEG if spray painted?

i recently purchased an M4 off someone, im not ukara registered and its not two tone. considering i dont want to get fined or lose my AEG, im going to two tone it myself

my intention was to spray the RIS and stock. but ive seen images of the pistol grip sprayed too, i dont want to spray that so would the foregrip be acceptable?

the only time the foregrip will not be attached is in transit, when im at my site, it will be attached and used

• Supporters

You have already commited an offence by buying it.

Buying it is the only illegal thing, you are allowed to own a RIF (which you now do) but can't buy one (which you have anyway)

I'm glad you are TT it anyway though. The best bits to do are the stock, RIS and pistol grip, it is usually enough from that, failing that, the receiver and stock will do.

and accessories do not need to be two toned - Underslung launchers, grips, suppressors and sights/optics are all accessories as are PEQ boxes/anything RIS mounted, anything you use to aim or anything you use to inflict more damage/more effective damage from teh same gun.

• Supporters

As well as what Dave said, are you over 18 and a regular skirmisher?

And could you prove it? If so then legally you can buy RIFs,

UKARA isn't the be all and end all of defences to the VRCA

You have already commited an offence by buying it.

Buying it is the only illegal thing, you are allowed to own a RIF (which you now do) but can't buy one (which you have anyway)

Actually I informed the seller I'm not on the database as of yet and need a two tone. I did everything I could to ensure my legality. So please don't accuse me of breaking the law

its the sellers responsibility to check if a registered player, and is the one who could be prosecuted

• Supporters

Sorry on that one then, my tone wasn't great.

Clearly you want to make it a two tone and asked the seller to then it was really out of your control, not much can be done on that.

Are you a regular skirmisher at all, can you prove it if asked to (you don't have to right now) as that is all is required.

• Supporters

He doesn't need to "check" at all. All he needs is to be convinced as would any reasonable person that the purchaser is a skirmisher.

UKARA is a tool for retailers only, I wish people would understand that. You are not under any legal obligation to get UKARA, and I have been sold RIFs in the past without it because I could otherwise prove my entitlement (a five-year skirmish diary, photographic evidence of my skirmishing, membership to several skirmishing related forums, consistent and substantial knowledge of the sport, the law and the equipment).

If you can do the same; prove you're a skirmisher without UKARA, then you've got your legal defense. It is merely the case that UKARA is easiest to check as it was set up to directly meet the government guidelines and for the purpose.

If you're convinced you're a skirmisher, and you could prove it to any reasonable person without expertise in the area, then you have your defense.

EDIT: Rock-Climby-Dave also made my point already, I felt I ought to remake it, since everyone always assumes UKARA is the lifeblood of airsoft...

• AF-UK Founding Member

Just to clear it up, blame is place on both the seller and the buyer from what I can understand:

40 Supplying imitation firearms to minors

(1)After section 24 of the 1968 Act insert—

24A Supplying imitation firearms to minors

(1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm.

(2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Archived