Wow why does it happen to me..

Tungsten
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think I had a bad experience today with airsoft guns in general, not to many good things happened.

First of all before I set off to the site, i took apart my receiver of my ARES M4A1 to find that the front housing of my gearbox has completely sheered, rendering it useless...(POS plasticy pot metal as I inspected it), I was pretty pissed, but I thought oh well I got my beloved A&K M60E4, im sure nothing else bad can happen.

Well... as I knew that my M60 needed a chrono, i'll test it at the site, you'll never guess what it was shooting at.. I actually thought the chrono was broken...

210 FPS BRAND NEW

So as it was a short night game, there was only 4 hours playing time, and 2 of those were spent waiting for a chrono then a spring change...

The only good thing out of the whole night was the spring change was successful, now shooting 320 with a M95 spring, and I managed to hose down a pretty big group of people from behind down a corridor :). Oh yeah and don't buy an ARES M4A1, they look nice and shoot nice out of the box, but quickly deteriorate.

Just thought I'd get this out my system, as I don't know if it was a good day or not tbh, lol.

Ares are crap what did ii expect :P

I can honestly say there better than their star counterpart but not by so much :P

Its strange really though, the G36 line of ares are fantastic, my bro has the compact version with blowback and its kickass.

You think thats bad my mate brought himself a Hi-cappa extreme 4.3 and both magazines he had leaked gas and when he got new ones his trigger snapped I don't know how he did that as its a metal one but he is generally super unlucky.

You think thats bad my mate brought himself a Hi-cappa extreme 4.3 and both magazines he had leaked gas and when he got new ones his trigger snapped I don't know how he did that as its a metal one but he is generally super unlucky.

Was the 4.3 WE? I'm really not suprised, alot of lemons in there production.

only the blowback ares g36's are good, the nbb's are terrible, as in worse than jg

Yeah the blowbacks, I'm thinking about getting one just for a reliable rifle, really comfortable as well.

I want a g36 too, not sure which one though. Tempted by these ra tech ones though

All i can say is the Ares G36 series (blowback) they sound awesome.

• Supporters
I can honestly say there better than their star counterpart but not by so much :P

I thought STAR were ARES?

Some chrono's use sunlight to predict FPS, dont feel too bad maruis fire about 200+ and there the best of the best :)

I thought STAR were ARES?

Some chrono's use sunlight to predict FPS, dont feel too bad maruis fire about 200+ and there the best of the best :)

I think its a Re-branding, Ares have a massive new line but still use there unsold STAR stock (theory), like if you were to purchase a ARES FNC, relatively uncommon, it will have a clear plastic gearbox shell with the attached hop-up, which STAR was reknowned for. Something new like the G36 Series and M4's all have metal gearbox shells.

I was still getting massive range with it at 210 fps, so I wouldn't of thought it to be so low, I still got my TM G3 to chrono, tis' well accurate :)

first thing i do with leaky mags is turn the O-rings around, can stop the problem completely, last resort = Araldyte.

• Supporters

Ares and star used to be the same company, i think what happend was they fell out and split up- ares is now a manufacturer of guns and star now makes accesories and stuff

only the blowback ares g36's are good, the nbb's are terrible, as in worse than jg

My jg g36c is awesome (no joke) shoots flawlessly couldn't be happier easly shoots better than my ics l85 and there is nothing wrong with that so less of the hate please.

My jg g36c is awesome (no joke) shoots flawlessly couldn't be happier easly shoots better than my ics l85 and there is nothing wrong with that so less of the hate please.

it not so much hate, but when your paying 220 odd you expect it to be better than anything cheaper than it, G36's are generally reliable as the version 3 GB's are.

Archived