Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Finius

M4 Stock help!

6 posts in this topic

I'm having a hard time finding this information, so I thought I'd ask here.

When I build my M4, I want it to be adaptable, by which I mean I want to be able to modify it slightly for different missions due to my preferred playing style, at the moment, I want two stocks for this purpose.

The first one is going to be a long/retractable stock (either/or), one of these two:

Numero Uno

Numero Dos

Then I want a folding/para stock; one of these two:

Numero Uno

Numero Dos

What tube lengths do I need for these? I presume the folders use the short buffer, whereas the others use a long buffer (I'm hoping the G&G also uses short, but feel it unlikely based on it's size)? If this is the case, can anyone suggest replacement stocks so that I can fit both onto one body?

Cheers!

All you will need to do, is once you have both stocks and your 'base' gun cut the rear stock attachment on the boddy, to the shortest length needed for either of the stocks.

Hope that makes sense ;)

That would work in theory, but would that lead to stock wobbleyness? (I was under the assumption it would, otherwise why have two types at all?)

No wobble, the stock screws into the rear of your gearbox (spring guide) any wobble is caused by the screw not being tight enough ;)

as above, they dont use a buffer tube, instead they screw on in a similar way to attaching a buffer tube to the rifle