Battlefield Communications

G-Force
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys just finsihed writing another tricks of the trade guide based on communications. Unfortunatley I haven't updated the website in ages because of exmas, school trips ect.. But finally I can start updating the website with more guides, reviews and videos now. They'll be a sniper guide up on the site sonn as well.

I know I've mentioned it a million times but would you guys watch any gun review videos I made as so far I've only written them? Anyway follow the link bellow to read the guide:

http://www.ghostwolves.co.uk/19.html

Any feedback on this guide or anything else on the website is really appreciated. I spend alot of my free time on my guides and reviews simply to (hopefully) provide accurate and helpful information for other airsofters. The website as most of you know is for my airsoft team ghost wolves.

• Supporters

I like it, nice, pretty useful too.

I'd like to know a little more about the radio side of things though, for example, some radios don't have keypads, you simply switch between eight channels on one dial. Others have programmable channels (one team at our site use channel 666) - how does that work etc. Headsets and things too, maybe a chart of different radios, of all types, ten examples or something just to show the range of stuff available - it's all useful :)

Same as above, maybe a chart of common hand signals would be cool.

But for something you do in your spare time, I can't fault it :)

I was thinking of doing a chart for hand signals but there was no real way of doing it without copying another website's pictures really. As for radios I just thaught it was pretty self explanatary :lol: And I'm no expert on the range of different radios.

Thanks for the advice :)

I read all of the guides and reviews the other day and all are really good and well written, extremely helpful to me, being a novice, hope to see more reviews and guides from you, good job!

• Supporters

Using a radio, once you have it in your hands is fairly simple to figure, but I find it awfully hard to shop for them, purely because there's no standardised format for online retailers. Some will give you all the information you need, some will just show you a picture of a pretty radio - it confuses people, or at least, it confuses me and has, for five years now, put me off getting comms :D

As for hand signals, that's fair enough, maybe get your teams to model for you for a day and get some shots of them doing signals, or pinch that readily circulated image of "SWAT hand signals" it's been posted on so many sites, I'm sure no-one would mind you using it by now :)

Like I say though, I'm not faulting you at all, your article is great, and even if it doesn't give ALL the information I'd want, it'd at least give me a really solid jumping off point :)

Thanks Cameron364 glad the guides are useful.

And Finiuis if you want a decent radio go for the motorola TLK T7, it's pretty good. I definately agree it's hard to find decent radios epecially at a good price. You just have to search the web alot.

i will probably use the SWAT hand signals as I already have the image saved which I plan on edditing at some point and adding to the guide now that you've suggested it. Also finding faults in these guides is acctualy increadibly useful for me as constructive critism enables me to improve the guide so don't worry about it :)

Meh i guess if you have been training for 2 years or something i think you would remember the number ones are well hard, but the shotgun one is mank (and rhymes with mank too) hahaha :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Using a radio, once you have it in your hands is fairly simple to figure

You have no idea... so many people decide to buy a two way radio, forget that 2 way does not equal full-duplex, then set up really sensitive VOX so they're constantly transmitting. Then you end up having to shout anyway because you can't radio them...

Archived