UKARA and swapping

Marc36uk
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

Sooo. While looking through the classifieds I had a thought. Can you swap a rif with someone that has no UKARA defense? you are not selling it to them. Would it come under the same headings as gifting?

For example could person a swap his iphone 3 for person b's nice M4 Rif? if person a has no defense?

• Supporters

There's a massive amount of legal jargon I could give you to explain this, cause it's really very very complex, but to keep it short, simple and understandable; you're still legally speaking making a purchase and thus, require the defense.

well if was claim as a gift it could be, such as if you were to gift him the RIF and he then gave you a iphone for charitable reason that would be legal. as you are allowed to own an RIF if has been gifted.

alot of shops have been done for this though as a few round my area have been giving away RIF's after being given "charitable funds" from kids wanting a gun

Archived