Cheapest Bullpups

RyanK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello

Im new to airsofting (only skirmished a few times), but I am getting my own gun soon. I know I either want an SRC XM8 or a bullpup AEG. My budget is £235 and that includes getting another mag/mask. I do not have my UKARA yet so it also needs to be two-toneable. I have seen the TM FAMAS F1, and a JG AUG but I was wondering if there is a good L85/L86 I can get for that price online.

Thanks in advance

decent L85's are £280-£380 roughly ;)

What about the army armament l85?

Its quite cheap, you could always disable the blowback- someone else will know for sure though, ive never used one

Hahahahahahaha! Good joke.

Oh wait, you're serious...

No. Unless you're willing to do a lot of modification work, it isn't a good choice. Even if you do install the mods, there is not guarentee that they will work properlly. My old R85 had 'the works' done do it, and it still broke. Repeatedly.

For a little bit more than the price of an R85, you can buy some very nice and reliable bullpups, like the previously mentioned CA AUG, and TM FAMAS.

I didn't know lol, that's why I said wait for some else to reply :)

I'm pretty biased against them, in the year that I owned mine, I never had longer than 3 hours 'typical' use out of it. That is including after the blowback was disabled, and the gun modified. (Heh, coming up to my 2 year anniversary for it...I wonder if Dave has finished tinkering with it...)

I won't lie, some people have had success with R85s.

I have no idea how. They've done the same modifications, and some of them run them harder than the real thing. Me? Heheheh, I'd be lucky if I could get a single game out of it before it shred a gear, burnt out the electronics, locked up or just stopped working for no obvious reason.

If you want a nice, fun and reliable airsoft gun, in bullpup form, I suggest you avoid the R85.

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/acti...airsoft-gun-aeg AUG

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/clas...portline-vp-p90 P90

Both are out of stock but i guess you could ask to see when they are coming back in stock :)

You can pick up a second hand G&G within your budget, I've also seen Ares L85's that might be within your budget too. In fact, there's one on the Zero In forums right now for £200 posted, it's the carbine variant. Still nice though, and the most realistic SA80 on the market.

The R85, I've personally not had many problems with once I gutted it and fitted steel parts, and a standard piston + spacer.

Basically replaced the whole damn thing :/ The externals are reasonably good though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I'd be tempted to consider the ACM FAMAS looking at cheap bullpup rifles, but being V1 still (right?), I'd not want to risk anything other than a TM; sure, neither has many replacement parts available, but at least you know a TM can take a battering internally...

• Supporters

Not sure about the acm, but my brother just got a tm famas f1, great gun but a little bit to much creakoplast

Seems to shoot well enough though.

They are supposed to be really quiet with a suppressor adapter too

Archived