Newbie, want to get into airsoft

deltaj1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all, im new here and want to get into playing air soft.

Now i'm not exactly 'well of' but have a few hundred set aside for guns and gear. Now i know i need to play at a site like 3 times in 2 months or something so i can get a ukara membership. Then buy my non 2 toned gear..

Now what i'm worried is that the site fees from what I've seen are quite expensive, £25 gun hire, then like £15 for a days play.

and i have to fork all that out in 2 months 3 times, hmm does seem it breaks the bank.

Im hoping it doesn't come out that expensive, but what should a tight pocketed :P, person like me do?

How much do you think it will cost to get me all sorted for maybe 1 skirmish a month?

I know some will say like £15 for site hire is nothing, but i just dont feel like paying £15 to run around. I would hope to do is get my friends into it, and play on his bit of woodland..but we cant get guns unless we have ukara, and im sure they don't want to play at some site e times for like £25 gear hire..understand where im coming from.

I know about 2tone guns, but alot of the decent ones you cant buy 2 toned...

I would also like a map of some sites near me in Kent...

a lot to ask, answer when your ready.and thanks for your replies in advance :)

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

It is usually quite good value since you're spending a whole day there. If you know anyone that currently goes you might always be able to borrow.

• Supporters

To find nearby sites, use the airbana airsoft map (google it)

It can be expensive to start out yes, but most places are not bad value for money.

Also, a lot of shops will two tone guns for you if needed.

As hiring us too expensive for you, id buy a two tone gun, and once you have ukara, just spray paint it

Welcome to the forums btw :)

Now i know i need to play at a site like 3 times in 2 months or something so i can get a ukara membership. Then buy my non 2 toned gear..

Now what i'm worried is that the site fees from what I've seen are quite expensive, £25 gun hire, then like £15 for a days play.

and i have to fork all that out in 2 months 3 times, hmm does seem it breaks the bank.

I thought this originally too, but you have to play 3 times in more than 2 months. To stop people getting UKARA simply to buy guns, and to encourage growth in the sport. So, you can play twice in 2 months, but the third time must be after the 2 months is up, and it has to be done before the year is up (?)

Personally I'd try to avoid the hire guns, as they're hardly top class weapons. Ideally borrow, if not you might want to consider buying a gun which is very easy to switch from two tone to regular - for example the King Arms M4A1 2 tone clear, where you can remove the clear parts in about a minute, then either spray or replace as you see fit. I don't know about your site, but many will offer a pre - UKARA purchase scheme, where you buy a RIF, and can use it in skirmishes, but they keep it on site until you have UKARA.

• Supporters

Hire guns aren't bad, they aren't ROF monsters and they aren't upgraded to the knees to fire and hit people in the head everytime at 200ft, but they do put rounds down range in a reasonable cluster.

any site worth playing at will use decent Hire guns and will replace batteries, broken parts, lost parts thoughout the day.

Archived