Broken MP5 fire selector

two_zero
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well, my fire selector is broken. The safety does not work at all, or well, when on safe mode it give slight a resistance on the trigger, not more than that my JG AUG normally have on unsafe. it shoots semi from under the safe to somewhere between semi and auto mode, then auto from over that. the selector can spin 360 and is very loose.

any clue how I can fix it and what I need?

Don't know if it makes any difference but it is a metal body classic army.

oh dunno if it's saying any more than what I've said already but here is a video of it

• Supporters

there is a small allen head screw on the left hand selector switch on the bottom, it's a 1.27mm wrench - a 1.5 is too big.

tighten that up and it'll go back to how it was when it was new (still pretty crap as far as I'm concerned)

I can also pull the trigger on safety, but it does offer a fair amount of resistance and the other issue with semi to full auto, there is always going to be a point where the gun stops being semi and becomes auto instead, it doesn't go to safe inbetween, so with the sloppy selctor, you just keep finding that exact point.

I suppose you could go all out and replace the trigger block, but it really isn't worth the effort for safe to be impossible to pull, just make sure mags are out and the gun is cleared before going to a safe zone.

I did try to thigh the screw, but yea, the smallest of my allenkeys didnt work.

I had a closer loo at the switch and the "head" is very lose as well. will get the proper allenkey and get back about my progress.

safe does hardly offer any resistance at all what so ever (as you can see in the clip), I didnt even notice the resistance when I first tried it.

P.S.

would the selector/safe parts be the same in a cyma, I just got a CA and a CYMA so think I could move some parts from the CYMA to the CA..

edit:

the owner before me says that there is a small plastic latch inside which is broken.

You need to take the lower receiver off to look at it properly. Under the fire select there's a small, funny shaped circle with a rectangle cut in the middle. The bar on the fire select goes through this and as you move from safe, semi etc it turns the selector plate shown in the link that Kejot posted. The rectangle in the middle may be worn away and letting you spin the fire select right round.

Archived