Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cyrax

Chat

4 posts in this topic

Okay, so another idea, I was browsing the world wide web and came across a forum that had a chat similar to ours, live on the front page. First thing you see.

Is it possible to do that? Just have a trial run, or see what others think?

The chat function would get a lot more use, and help gel the community a bit more, talking to "people" rather than "posts". Some of the simple questions could be answered without a new topic being posted.

On the downside the number of topics posted might go down slightly.

Waddya thinks? How often does the chat get used at present?

No one uses chat these days :(

It used to be used a fair bit in the evenings, but whenever I go on now It's empty.... time to restart my advertisement campaign I think :)

I take it you mean like a shout box kind of thing.?

I thinks its been a rejected idea before, but I'm not sure, I think it'd be an improvement :)

Not really sure where it'd fit into the forum and you've got the problem of it showing up for those who don't want to see. Our primary job is to be a forum so we'll probably keep things how they are. It's up to members to use the chat/encourage each other to use it - it only came by request in the first place..

Not really sure where it'd fit into the forum and you've got the problem of it showing up for those who don't want to see. Our primary job is to be a forum so we'll probably keep things how they are. It's up to members to use the chat/encourage each other to use it - it only came by request in the first place..

Roger that Dev.

If there was a way to implement "talk to an airsofter", where someone new/ with a question would rather speak to someone than post, and it popped up on a regular users screen that someone wanted "to talk", that would be cool.

Kind of like a streamlined messaging service? Im not sure. Add another level of interactivity to the forum.

Got the idea from the Army website (talk to a soldier).

Just putting it out there, killing time whilst i wait to get employed...