I feel proud

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So today I was made a First and Only Marshall :D

It applies to ALL F+O sites, effetivley means I never have to pay for F+O sites again and all I have to do is watch for rule breaking, help around a bit and keep people happy.

Plus, I get a snazzy F+O Marshalls Hi-vis-vest.

so yeah, today was good (anzio camp) and tomorrow is my first time properly marshalling (heywood)

just thought I'd share :D

• Supporters

As above - well done, very lucky!

Next academic year I'll be marshaling at The Grange and The Proving Ground at Gunman Midlands; it won't be getting me any special treatment; as president of the Cov Uni Airsoc, I'm going to be helping the marshals at the site play more by standing in for them a few days a month in return for all their support so far :)

• Supporters

I usually play mornings/afternoon and then marshall the other one (morning or afternoon)

But I keep a Vest in my trouser pocket to stick on if there is any trouble, such as members of the public, people calling for a marshall to watch for cheating.

Personally, from what I have seen/done so far, I think it helps with your personal gameplay. You can see what works and what doesn't from both ends.

also, another thing, I'm sure most players are aware of non-hit taking. I'm sure most of you also suffer from people at the far end not taking hits.

The reality is most of the time, the person has dodged them, they swerved last second or they are simply hitting the floor a couple of feet in front of them. There were a couple of occasions today when I was asked to watch for hits by a few players on other people, and they simply were not in range.

So obviously, seeing that from the marshalls perspective, you just need to get in closer.

so, tips from a marshall to all players (even myself)

1. You ARE out of range, get in closer.

2. Your BB's ARE swerving at the last second, get in closer.

3. Spamming ammo IS NOT effective, aim harder, the kill is also more satisfying.

4. If you rinse someone with BB's, they are going to hunt you down later, call you an effer, and not like you. It only takes 1 BB to kill - use semi.

Genuinely, I was playing at anzio yesterday and people were getting P****ed off by people shooting Auto inside the buildings, so we limited the whole site to semi for the rest of the day and gameplay improved infinitely. you aren't worried about running round a corner and getting drenched with fire at 3 feet, so you play harder, push the defenders harder and makes for a much better day.

Seriously, I know there are a few site owners/runners on here and I would urge you to just try even 1 game on semi at the start of the day and 1 on auto and just see which people prefer to play and how much different it is.

well, that was SUPPOSED to be a short comment :P

Thank goodness there are people out there who sympathise with my ultimate frustration, after spending 15 minutes at the beggining of every day explaining how to use the gun correctly i find it so so so frustrating when people complain there gun is 'broken' when they just need to wind the mags or are out of ammo ..... or put there magazine in upside down?!!

I think it is safe to say that I am going to be a well trained noob, after reading this post I can tell what to do and not what do so I don't end up making rookie mistakes, just gotta keep winding those mags, I'll probably forget any way

Congratz on both man! Do you get one of those hi-vis stab vests too, like Chris and Rikk, or is it just the jacket you get?

I assume that if you're doing mech-work at PB, your one policy will be "I'll fix anything so long as it isn't Hugh's frakking L86!" :lol:

Ahhhh, fond memories of watching you spend an hour trying to work out how to take the barrel out...

Seriously man, congratz :D

Archived