JG Steyr AUG

Cameron364
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

This is hopefully going to be the first of many airsoft guns but I was wondering if I should get the military version or civvy version, I think I am most likely to play more CQB than woodland, but just wondering what you guys thought would be better for CQB?

yeah my friend has it, i can ask him to send you a PM on here about it (Performance etc.) if you want?

yeah my friend has it, i can ask him to send you a PM on here about it (Performance etc.) if you want?

yeh that would be great, seen as though I am completely new to airsoft and have no idea which guns or makes are good etc

as far as i know, the only difference beetween the 2 AUG's are the scopes and colour... i think the civvy version would be better (i put link in your first topic) as you can put any sights you like on it, as on the military version the scope i think has magnification (dont quote me on that though... im not sure) and it does reduce your situational awareness as when you look down it your view of anything to your sides is obstructed... whilst the civilian version you can put a red dot sight on it, or an ACOG or scope if you do play woodland... anogher good thing about the AUG is its length (790mm, not even 3ft) but it still has a good barrel length due to its bullpup design (mag behind the trigger) i dont know how the JG aug performs but it is probably very good as JG is a good make...

Hope this helped...

Mitchell

Thanks, I think I will get the AUG not the MP5 because I would like something if I played woodland as well, I just think the AUG looks nicer as well, may get a Mp5 in the future as they do look good as well, thanks for your help!

As with most Scope such as ACOG's, the AUG w/ scope (AKA Military AUG) has sights above the scope, just so you dont have to spend more on the new scope EG ACOG or Sniper Rifle Scope :)

I think I will get the civvy version even if I don't have enough money to buy a sight straight away, thanks for your help as well best start saving up, no new xbox games for a while

hehe, thats one of the problems with airsoft :P and Zak, although your right, quite alot of people like red dot sights over iron sights... i would get the civvy one personally, but thats just me

Yeh, I'm 50:50 at the moment because yeh the civvy version is cheaper and you can put any sight you like on it but the military version comes with a sight and will be cheaper in the long run, and as a lot of you have said the sight is pretty good,

When I do have enough money I aim to firstly buy either AUG, which ever one I finally decide on,

some decent .20g BB, which brands are the best, are Goldenballs any good?

A sling, which slings are the best?

I think I will then save up a side arm, got my eye on the cyma glock 18, and I will also get a leg holster or something,

thanks again for helping

EDIT: I would also like to buy some Mid Caps and a good speed loader

Excel .25's are widely regarded as one of the best brands you could possibly use, without using Maruzen .29 Grandmasters, but then you're getting towards weights that aren't practical for 330fps AEG's. Goldenballs tend to have a larger proportion of inconsistencies compared to other brands, but that won't matter as much for you as it does for me, I'm a sniper/Designated Marksman and you're not after the same level of accuracy that I am.

JG AUG's are good, gearbox wise but both people I know that have had them have had some sort of hop issue, though I would put it down to both individuals not knowing a thing about airsoft maintenance.

Side arm wise, save up the extra and get a GBB, it's not worth spending money out on AEP's because you'll be bitterly disappointed performance wise and they just aren't as much fun imho.

I'd personally go for the Military AUG, but I do like the integrated look and think the blocky rail looks out of place on that smooth AUG... Mmm smooth :D

Though, you do say you're going to be doing more CQB than woodland, it might be worth getting the civvy AUG, because you could run a red dot for CQB and a magnified optic for woodland. Or just a red dot, whatever floats your boat really.

Drop legs are the way to go for me, unless you want to go down the serpa/safariland route, in which case you can chest mount it (I don't think you chest mount a safariland), which I always thought would be awkward to draw it, or you could belt mount it which isn't as bad. But if you're going to run a drop leg serpa/safariland you might as well use a fabric dropleg, because you'll get the drop leg position without scratches on your slide from the serpa/safariland.

Get a 3 point. It's a 2 point and a 1 point mixed, 2 points either have to be so tight that they don't flop about on your back when you sling it, in which case it's a b******d to get it off when wearing a vest, and 1 points you can't sling it on your back, it just hangs.

With 3 point slings, you can set it up so it's a 2 point, then you undo a single clip and it immediately turns into a 1 point, and to get it to go back to a 2 point you just need to do that clip up again. No hassle, just simple simple slingy goodness :P

Any more questions, let us know :)

...And this was meant to be a short comment.

Yeh, the military AUG does look smooth and the civvy version does look a bit weird but I like the potential to customise the civvy version and not just be stuck with one sight, and as you say if I was doing CQB then use a red dot if I was doing woodland you as another optic

Archived