FREE 1911 custom grip give away !

Jeandup
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Can anyone recommend a good method for oiling these grips to keep them in tip top condition?

I've been handling my pistol a lot the past few days and have noticed that it dries them out a bit; I'd prefer to keep them oiled to make sure they live longer and keep spick and span; being as they're so beautiful!

Mum suggested simple sunflower oil since she uses it for her wooden kitchen boards and things.

This is what I do. Use boiled linseed oil. Not normal linseed oil. It must be boiled linseed oil. Slap it on thick and leave it for 10 min. Then wipe it off. If you wipe it with something like cotton or kitchen towel make sure to soak it With water when you have finished because it can catch fire because of heat generated when it dries. You can also use danish oil. Both oils can be purchased from b&q. In future i might supply a small bottle of oil with my grips. Hope this helps

Hey Jean, can you custom make a grip as I'm thinking of making a pistol based from one found in a game and Id like to have it match it's every detail.

Thanks in advance :)

• Supporters

Cheers Jean, what might be better though, is supply the oil as an optional/premium extra, and instead of doing it standard, just include a little "care card" with instructions on :)

That's what I'd do anyways, but you're the guy with the woodworking talent xD

• 2 weeks later...

My grips arrived today, thanks Jeandup.

And what can I say, they're beautiful. You can really feel the quality.

Unfortunately my camera is out of the country right now, and phone pictures wouldn't do these grips justice in any way.

Archived