FREE 1911 custom grip give away !

Jeandup
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just found mine on the doormat :) just wow, defo wasn't expecting the box, it's a nice touch though, now to get my 1911 in one piece for a pic, then to fix the damn thing <_<

Here's a few (crappy iPhone) pics unmounted

06206d0d.jpg

35af092d.jpg

fdca10f7.jpg

db1ec508.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Pics of mine will be up later; got my camera on charge :D

The box was definitely a nice touch; I'm not sure what I expected, but it was a nice surprise to see what looked to me like a lot of care being taken over the presentation.

The only thing I would note is that one of the hole in the backside of one grip was a little off-round and didn't quite snap into place until I screwed it down. Not an issue now that it's fitted, but I was a little worried that it might crack the wood if I wasn't careful :)

I must say, they take my 1911 to a whole new level of smartness :D I've always been content with plastic grips, and now I just have to wonder why? (It's a lot like when you get a metal gun and wonder how you ever lived with plastic in the first place).

Give me your w-

Wait... No.

I'll get my own thanks :D

Edit: Nutster, are you having problems with your 1911? I'm fairly familiar with the 1911 design, so if you need help I might be able to :)

• Supporters

I decided to double post, just to make sure people don't overlook my adding of photos :D

I've tried to do something a bit more interesting than just getting photos of the grips since I'm home alone and can move the house around to set up a shoot without mum and dad panicking because I'm carrying their heirlooms (if you can call brandy glasses, a clock and a wood box heirlooms) round the house etc.

Obvious theme is pretty obvious (I think)

Grip_10.jpg

Grip_9.jpg

Grip_8.jpg

Grip_7.jpg

Grip_6.jpg

Grip_4.jpg

Grip_3.jpg

Grip_2.jpg

Grip_1.jpg

Grip.jpg

Hope they display okay - I'm not on my usual photo editing monitor so they could be dark/light/generally crappy (they're not *that* great anyways, I'm severely out of practice) :)

• Supporters

I also bought a £7 pack of fags, which I won't smoke (non-smoker) and drank some whisky :P

But overall, it's worth the effort, I'd say these grips are worth far more than the cost of the stuff I've used tonight, and being as photography is one of my "things" the man-hours are a freebie :P

The holes are good; one of my grips could have done with the top hole rounding off a bit better, but to be honest, it isn't an issue, could easily be down to variations between the gun they were fitted against when being made and mine, and they're fine now that I've screwed them on.

Edit: No Cerbo, there's a 1911, a thompson, a suit, whisky, cigarettes of a brand popular since before the second world war (no lighter either ;)) and a letter written in Italian :P Try again xD

Those photos do look good !

I have one more set to give away.

First pm in my inbox will get them.

This is only to people who have not yet receive a free set.

These will be plain walnut with a custom design burned into the wood.

you can emal me a logo or drawing ect. an I will burn it into the wood.

Experimenting with pyrography and starting to get some good results !

• Supporters
spot on with the vignette effect here, really shows off the light and the pistol, Excellent looking grips!

Ta, I don't think the pictures are great really; I'd have liked to have spent more time doing them, and I may put some of them through photoshop again at some point etc, but thanks :)

Thank you for all the comments.

I have looked at the way I do the holes as there were some concerns abour the strength.

I have now inserted a metal washer and tube with epoxy glue.

This is a desight of a horse done with pyrography

post-2953-1308841820_thumb.jpg

post-2953-1308841875_thumb.jpg

post-2953-1308841966_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Good idea Jean; the other advantage of a metal washer is that because it's a preconstructed "guide" for the screw, it can act as a good measure for rounding off the holes so they fit well.

How much are you planning to retail these at?

Archived