Modern Warfare 3

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What one did you buy out of interest?

I'm looking at a few, but I'm after stuff like 5.1 surround + mic and it's really racking up the price. £90+ on a head set... damn.

But I keep mine for years, so I think it's probably worth it

The plot looks...erm....

Russia invades Germany. America and Germany fight a defencive battle in Berlin

Russia invades France. Apparently the dev team forget that French people play CoD, and they might want to play as their own armed forces, since the only player involvement in France is as Delta FArce

Russia sponspors a terrorist attack on London. You play as the SAS. Gaz/Ghost's voice actor returns as another SAS character (although I think he's a helicopter crewmember rather than super-SAS-man)

Russia continues attacking America. You're in NYC.

There's also stuff in Prague.

It looks interesting. The magnifiers thing looks good. But, I prefer the look of BF3 :D

And why do all the M4 mags have 20 rounds?!

BF3 first. Then MW3.

Epic Mother Russia

does anyone know if you get to play as Price and soap ect. because they left the last game at a bit of a cliff hanger

does anyone know if you get to play as Price and soap ect. because they left the last game at a bit of a cliff hanger

The released stuff said no, but they are alive. You play as some hired merc protecting them. Quite frankly I think this a stupid idea - a new character in the series - doesn't have the same impact as the two characters we all know and enjoy. As for the emphasis on Delta fArce - I'm sorry, this just makes the game look like mEHdal of honour on speed... Way to ruin the game activision!

thats really dissapointing they were so badass!!!!

Dammit Delta, you always ruin it :(

First Osama, now CoD.

I can't tell if you're being sarcky or not, so to cover myself, I'll explain my reasoning:

To me, CoD has always been the SAS doing all the dirty stuff, but lots of it, whilst the Americans take the big obvious part of the stage, and play the role of the hammer rather than the chisel. No-one takes a side role, everyone is important.

With this, it seems pretty much like the SAS have bene sidelined, and Activision have seen "Medal of Honour was good" so decided to nick one of the factions (rather than writers)

Wasn't being sarcastic at all ;)

I was saying that the SAS were 20 minutes away from Osama (back in... 2002 I believe?) and the Americans insisted that they 'get the kill' so they forced us to wait around for 6 hours for Delta to arrive, by which time Osama buggered off out of his back door.

And now they've done the exact same thing with CoD.

Thanks Delta. Thanks a lot.

:(

See, you can learn so much from ultimate force :P

It was also members of the SBS's airborne ground troop.

I wonder what an Ultimate Force game would be like?

I remember back in 2001 someone was making a game for the PS2 and Xbox called "The Regiment" and involved SAS troops fighting in The Tube...

• Supporters

Lost all interest in CoD nowadays. Why play CoD when I can go airsofting?

Airsoft is clearly superior. Both are equally realistic (you all know I'm right), but airsoft gets you some real exercise and yano, REAL toy guns...

Airsoft is clearly superior. Both are equally realistic (you all know I'm right), but airsoft gets you some real exercise and yano, REAL toy guns...

I would say airsoft is more realistic then CoD!!! If you get shot you die rather then emptying a clip in someone who then throws a knife at you!!

cheaper and a lot more accessible?

not related in any way but would love a pc game where people had to call their hits^^

• 4 months later...

Time to revive this thread.I know that a fair number of you on here see MW3 as the spawn of Satan, played by brain dead morons.

Me? Unless someone be cheating or hacking (and obviously hacking, not just me having a crap game), I enjoy it. Brain off, game on, watch the pretty explosions.

On to advertising.

I honestly think CoD has some of the best adverts ever - and here's why:

!

Let's not turn this into a MW3 vs BF3 topic (again). Just sit back, relax - and enjoy some crazy stuff exploding

Over the top? Yup. Exaggerated view of the game? You betcha.

Absolutely hilarious? Absolutely. This, along with the CoD Black Ops advert, is possibly one of the best things I've ever seen on my TV screen (when the show/movie I'm watching is on advert breaks...)

I am a more BF3 player, BUUUTTT!!!!!! I don't mind people preferring coD over BF because, at the end of the day, people have different playing styles and some others cant respect that?! And about the adverts. They are amazing, the n00b one, that should be on TV if it already isn't! Although it can be a bit graphic in ways.

• Supporters

Hubert such blasphamy in the face of the almighty your mammy sgould have you over one knee and slap you till your permanently a differnt colour and i dont mean black or blue and until the graphics are as good as that and the multiplayer isnt so flawed i will only be borrowing from my brother to play their campaign although admittedly battlefield multiplayer needs some work

I don't think it's really possible to compare MW3 or BF3, as they're aimed at different audiences - but that isn't to say their respective audience groups don't have overlaps.

BF3 - the hardcore player, with 'realism' elements.

MW3 - the casual player, realism isn't core.

Let's look at it this way, out of CoD and Battlefield, which community has made successful and popular 'reality mods', and which hasn't?

I like both. I enjoy both. Both games have idiots in their communities, it's a shame that some idiots are vocal.

Battlefield 3 looks amazing. CoD doesn't, but then again, it's campaign (whilst ridiculous, like a Michael Bay movie on steroids) isn't crap like BF3's single player (quick time rat fights!)

But to me, CoD will always win when it comes to advertising - especially when they do live action stunts like this.

Archived