Modern Warfare 3

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Come on then, you mustve all seen the trailers and the new E3 videos by

now, so what do you think?

I think it looks a lot like mw2, however the guns look a lot better, esepcially

the eotech magnifiers

although as i say, the game engine looks a lot similar

what do you think?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently it has an improved Spec Ops section, with the same sort of leveling as mulitplayer.... but more importantly, it has a hoard mode. My favourite game mode ever.

Tried creating one on Delta Force: Black Hawk Down but it didnt work. A mass of Somalis just standing there, crashing the old computer.

Back on topic, a well executed hoard mode with limited ammo, and not enemies whos health multiplies dramatically like COD: WAW, would be sweet.

The plot looks...erm....

Russia invades Germany. America and Germany fight a defencive battle in Berlin

Russia invades France. Apparently the dev team forget that French people play CoD, and they might want to play as their own armed forces, since the only player involvement in France is as Delta FArce

Russia sponspors a terrorist attack on London. You play as the SAS. Gaz/Ghost's voice actor returns as another SAS character (although I think he's a helicopter crewmember rather than super-SAS-man)

Russia continues attacking America. You're in NYC.

There's also stuff in Prague.

It looks interesting. The magnifiers thing looks good. But, I prefer the look of BF3 :D

And why do all the M4 mags have 20 rounds?!

BF3 first. Then MW3.

• Supporters
And why do all the M4 mags have 20 rounds?!

Thats not a bad thinng, should make extended mags, vaguely useful ;)

I think bf3 will be better too....

BUT.. there is a level in mogadishu... im buying this just for that lol

+1

and a slower reload it seems

but the M4 was one of the most OP weapons in Mw2 :)

M4 is very often an overpowered weapon. Most people know what one is, "cos its in lots of films and stuff and is awesomez" so developers feel it needs to be a prominent weapon.

• Supporters
M4 is very often an overpowered weapon. Most people know what one is, "cos its in lots of films and stuff and is awesomez" so developers feel it needs to be a prominent weapon.

Same goes for the AK variants.

IMHO mw2 is about the best fast paced fps money can buy

There are however a few small things that would be an easy fix that ruins the game completely these being:- commando pro, the m203, and the stupidly powerful ump.

I think if the mw3 game is much the same just those things fixed and a few new extras then it has the potential to be epic.

I really don't like black ops one bit but the two things I do like are the running dive thing and wager matches so if these are included that would be cool.

That said I'm a big fan of the battlefield series aswell and it drives me mad when people argue over which is better. The only similar things between the two are the position of the camara that's it, so arguing over which is better is pointless as both are completely different.

The idea IMO of the cod series is that it's easy playing, in easy I mean that you can just pick it up and run and gun if you want very little thought has to go into tactics, but if you want you can plan the game and go about it all tactical if you wish. This makes it a brilliant series for me. I play computer games the same way I play airsoft hard and fast.

Run and gun baby, run and gun

Where as with battlefield I have to be in the mood to play that as more thought and care has to go into your approach. Which at times makes it more fun to play.

To conclude I personally love cod and can't wait for the latest addition.....

And yes I will be one of those sad Fu*ks queuing up at midnight to buy it.

Peace B)

Well, there's one family of firearms I'd love to see in the game.

They were Small Arms, and they were made in the 1980s...

One of them inparticular too. Gosh darn it, I can't remember the name of it. It was some kind of Light Weapon. IT had a Supporting role...

Watching the reveal trailers again, I've decided that I really am looking forwards to it.

XM25, mmmmm

• Supporters

Why doesn't that surprise me :rolleyes::P

I really want the remington MSR in it or the AW.338 and vairants of guns G36c, k and e- although its very unlikely

I would like to see the Robinson XCR too, but to be honest id just like to see a large amount of guns, I've always felt that Blakc Ops, MW2 and others never have enough guns and if they do say, twice the amount of mw2 ill be happy

• Supporters

Not a great fan of COD anymore, only really enjoy COD4, I prefer a slower paced game like BF.

But, I'm considering getting MW3 when it comes out, will wait for my brother to get first (he's a sad one) and then decide if it's a waste or not. I'd also like to see many, many more guns, just to put some more variety into the game instead of killing someone and thinking "oh, he has the same gun as the last three guys".

• Supporters

I agree with Liam, im quite lazy when playing and prefer the slower pace of battlefield, however, MW3 does look good and I think I might enjoy tthis.

Cant wait for some proper multiplayer videos from both now

per orderd B)

i hope the lsw and the lasm are in it again

the lsw with stopping power pro is a beast

Annoyed everyone in my clan because it was practically the only weapon I used.

Got accused of cheating too, because I'm one of the few people who got Fall camo without hacking the game :D

I wanted to play as Soap, price and Nikolai, i don't want these new delta guys, stick with the origional characters, they were bad ass SAS!

I think there's too much gameplay footage.

And I hate how the calibres don't count for anything in the way of actual stopping power.

And how you can take a shot to the chest with a high powered sniper rifle and not walk away, but RUN.

Ridiculous. I'm going back to BF2 and ArmA.

• Supporters
I think there's too much gameplay footage.

And I hate how the calibres don't count for anything in the way of actual stopping power.

And how you can take a shot to the chest with a high powered sniper rifle and not walk away, but RUN.

Ridiculous. I'm going back to BF2 and ArmA.

Same can happen on both BF2 and ArmA tbf :P

Love those games you should try the project reality mod for BF2. or ACE mod for ArmA 2

Yeah my bad, I totally forgot the vanilla games aren't as good without mods...

I do run PR and I'm thinking about trying ACE out too :P

But lets be honest, who goes for body shots in ArmA? :D

• Supporters

Havent tried the ACE mod myself but have a friend who plays regularly and he recommends a squad to play with, makes the experience 100 times better as the mod is involved around teamplay same as PR.

Archived