Plastic friendly paint remover?

two_zero
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I don't quite have UKARA yet, but when for when I do.... Is there anyone that knows if there is a plastic friendly paint remover? Think i rather remove spray paint than having two layers :)

wet and dry?

Some are molded, but when selling 2nd hand RIF to non UKARA (as is the case here), rattlecan comes in handy.

So well, to anyone before you try to remove the paint, look inside the gun first.

wet and dry?

Some are molded, but when selling 2nd hand RIF to non UKARA (as is the case here), rattlecan comes in handy.

So well, to anyone before you try to remove the paint, look inside the gun first.

Wet and dry is a brand of sandpaper, I use it.

I think that's what they're talking about.

I've heard some people say they use white spirit or alcohol for plastics, though in all honesty I used paint stripper on my plastic M4 stock and it worked fine... Just don't leave it on for too long, you have to keep an eye on it and make sure it's only eating through the paint and not damaging the plastic.

Apparently white spirit works better though, so I'm going to try it on my old two toned M4 stock and post the results here tomorrow for all to see :P

ithought by wet and dry he was reffering to the type of sandpapaer not brand. wet would be classed as extra fine and a dry more rough. either way, even if it is molded you want to sand it down to help your primer stick, id advise putting a primer coat down first and not just spraying directly over the top

I going to write a thread/guide on this, but I may as well post it here.

Fairy Power Spray.

Its brilliant.

Spray it on, rub gently on the paint, leave it for 5-10-15minutes (varies on thickness of paint) and then scrub it off with a brush. If the paint is still there, repeat. Wash surface with warm water afterwards and you're done.

(You may need to slightly sand the paint beforehand for it to work if the paint is very thick)

Just remember, if you're not sure whether the spray will melt/damage the plastic, try it on a non-visible/non-important surface first (such as the bottom of a pistol grip)

I did post a guide.... lol

This is why people should use the search function.

If someone's already make a guide I wouldn't have to bother typing! :P

I did post a guide.... lol

In my defence, it isn't obvious from the title.

And Dev said I could do it :lol:

use a little bit of standard thinners on a cloth rub it fairly firmly for about 5mins then clean of with warm soapy water.

works a treat :)

dot 4 aka brake fluid is to much to fast you will have to be fast to get paint off and stop it in time so it dosnt "hurt" the plastic i would steer well clear of that if i was you

as above best avioded but it dose work a treat causes rapid oxidiation of the metal (rusting)

i know this because some toss*r poured it over my old car once.

all the paint had come of in a massive piece within about 20mins then half hour after that it was covered in surfice rust

• Supporters
dot 4 aka brake fluid is to much to fast you will have to be fast to get paint off and stop it in time so it dosnt "hurt" the plastic i would steer well clear of that if i was you

In that case, ignore everything i said :P

Just rough it up.... Most cars have 10 or 12 layers of paint because of accident repairs and you wouldn't even notice

That way you wont cock up your plastic and you can have it any colour you want

Just rough it up.... Most cars have 10 or 12 layers of paint because of accident repairs and you wouldn't even notice

That way you wont cock up your plastic and you can have it any colour you want

+1

wet and dry then whatever paint you want

even if you do use some sort of product to remove the paint you are going to need to corse up the surfice before paint anyway so save the bother and just ruff up what you already have and paint straight over it.

its better of just going the sand paper route, coz either way your going to need to sand it down any way. so sand a thick part of the plastic real hard, if you see an undercoat then you know your not going to waste your time with the solvents. and if you dont, then you havnt just got and got sh*t allover your self for nothing :D

Archived