Skirmish Game Ideas?

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi, I was thinking, I'm kinda getting tired of the same games where I play. We tend to play the same ones each time, we mainly just do CTF and Attack & Defend.

So, any new, interesting game modes that you'd like to see put into place?

Or have a fun game mode at your local site you'd like to share?

For example, been to Melton Mowbray Airsoft once, was one of my first times, borrowed some cheap AK47 from a friend.

We played simple, CTF and Attack&Defend games in the morning, but after lunch, we used literally the whole site for a two-three hour game. Over the site there were command points (cones with a stick in them, which was one end red and other end blue), at the end, the teams gained one point for each command point that was their colour up.

For bonus points, one of the marshals (still in hi-vis and unarmed) would be randomly walking around the site, the teams would fight for control of him, having to protect him from being shot. In return, he would give the team missions to do for extra points. At the end of the day, each team's points were added up.

It was a really fun game, we ended up winning easily once we had the marshal protected. We had a few people on each command point and the rest protecting the marshal.

Another game mode I enjoyed, was at Urban Assault, we final game was an hour long. They put 7 or 8 cards on the floor, red on one side, blue on the other. Same as above, but without the marshal part, quite enjoyed this game, although most of it was spent in one place defending.

Looking forward to hearing your ideas & game modes :)

You way have heard of it but what about protecting the president?

basically you have one player on your team with a pistol or unarmed who is wearing something brightly coloured and you have to escourt him from one end to the other through the enemy!

The president cannot be shot or games over!

not sure if there is already a game type out there like this, but here we go

the game is called "PUSH"

teams = 4-8 man squad vs every one else 20+ more the better.

this is a game mode design for small teams to help them with planning battlefield tactics to insure that they win against the odds.

the objective of the game is to clear 3 sites of enemy then push to the next, and all while being against the clock. you also get time penalties such as lose a team member then add certain amount of time. this game type helps to develop team communication and will give people that friendly competition aspect which always makes a game more entertaining.

The rules are as follows.

1) for the attacking team when attacking a base if you or a team mate is shot/killed he will die and can only be brought back either having a media(if you choose to play with medics in game) or untill the rest of you team go on to capture what ever base your team are currently attacking. once captured any dead players can then respawn to plan and move onto the next objective

2)for the defender, to insure that this game type is quick and remains competitive, once you get killed/shot. medic or not, you fall back to the next base and wait for the next push to occur, then insures that completion times are only a few minutes and not a whole day after every one keeps spawning. in real life remember you get shot once,

and you are down for the count.

3)at each point there will be a hidden breifcase. which will contain the information on where the next base is(in the form of a map)

4)for the deffenders, remember you are defending your rally point, so at no point should the base be empty.....if the base is empty and an attacker retrives information, then well your not very good are you.

not a pro game mode, but i does need some refinement, but the basic idea of this rush game mode could prove very fun to try out

I really like the president one and push :)

There is one I've done called behind enemy lines:

A squad of 10 are behind enemy lines at a point of drop off, they must make their way to the green zone and everyone else are insurgents aiming to kill.

None of the insurgents know where you start from but must take up postion all along the way to the green zone.

If you are shot, you can be revived by medic but only medics.

You must get at least one man to the green zone or else all is lost.

The game spans to about 2 hours long

:)

I had one idea...

Its a bit Black Hawk Down Like,

basically, you have a squad of about 5 in a small building (helicopter would be best) they cannot leave the building until another squad bigger more like 15 come and rescue them. The 2nd squad start far away and have to find their way there. At the start of the game a smoke grenade is placed on top of the building to signal where it is.

Everyone else is militia and they have to take over the helicopter or kill all the occupants, before the 2nd squad can recover the people from the heli and take them to a safe zone.

Rules:

no grenades can be thrown in the building

the 2nd squad can only be revived by medics

the people inside can only be revived once the medic/s from the 2nd squad have reached them

the militia have unlimited lives and must go back to their start point to respawn.

still a working but what do you think, tried to get a bit of everything in it :)

well that game type will increase the sales of high caps :D thats for sure, would basically be a case of keep shoting and dont f*cking stop till back up is here

haha yea, would be a good adrenaline rush though!!!!

smoke sales would go sky high aswell!

• Supporters

We often play a game at combat south called D-day

Its a timed game,

two even sides in number, the attacking side has unlimited lives and the defending team get one each.

They start by defending the village, until the last person dies, we then set up in the bunker complex and get one more life defending that, till we all die, then again one last time time in the farm.

Once we all die in the last area (the farm) the stopwatch is stopped

Then the attackers and defenders swap sides and see if the attackers can hold off the defeneders for longer. Quite fun, and gets quite intense

• Supporters

Sounds a little bit like a game we play at Urban Assault.

Basically, one team's defending, the other's attacking and collecting cylinders along the way.

Defenders have 5 minute 'dead time' and then back in, the attackers have an instant respawn as a marshal about 100m back from the front line.

The defending team has 7 or 8 buildings to defend, each building is assigned four to six people, who are only allowed in that build (no others but can leave as they like) but they only have one life inside the building, once that's up, they can only go outside. Everyone who's not assigned a building cannot enter any buildings at all and have to defend from the outsides.

The attacking team have to take control of every building, and can only move onto the next one once the previous has been completely cleared, also, they're collecting cylinders along the way. The attackers can go anywhere, inside or outside buildings.

The game is then swapped over after an hour or 45 minute timer. Which ever team collects most cylinders or completes in the fastest time wins.

Quite an enjoyable game. Four of us ended up holding defence in one building for ages, camping at the end of a long corridor :D

We often play a game at combat south called D-day

Its a timed game,

two even sides in number, the attacking side has unlimited lives and the defending team get one each.

They start by defending the village, until the last person dies, we then set up in the bunker complex and get one more life defending that, till we all die, then again one last time time in the farm.

Once we all die in the last area (the farm) the stopwatch is stopped

Then the attackers and defenders swap sides and see if the attackers can hold off the defeneders for longer. Quite fun, and gets quite intense

It is good gets a bit boring after doing it everytime though.

I like multiple objectives games basically there are loads of different things to attack/defend/capture. For a set time then the team with the most at the end wins. You have to make decisions during the game over what to do. It's class after like half hour it's 360* fighting

• Supporters
I like multiple objectives games basically there are loads of different things to attack/defend/capture. For a set time then the team with the most at the end wins. You have to make decisions during the game over what to do. It's class after like half hour it's 360* fighting

We played a game like that at FFZ, wasn't too good as no-one really knew what to do. Was really confusing, there was only one main firefight, in which me and a mate stood on some roof with snipers and a guy with an M60 :L.

there was one "game" i spose you can call it that i remember when i was a marine cadet........(if your young id advise marine cadets over army cadets, you do a hell of a lot more)

any way, as part of a summer camp thing, other then getting droped of in the middle of a few hundred ache's. there was a mock village what was known as tin town.

one think i remember was the 12 man squad i was apart with had to do room to room clearing and street patrol and i remember that all of a sudden hearing the sound of blacks then thinking what the heck i was ment to be doing then running and jumping behind the cloest wall i could find. what we didnt know was at the time we were doing our training there was half a battalion of cadets running ambush techniques. and the SGts that were in charge agreed to mix the two groups together in a simulated firefight.

now although nothing is flying though the air.........the simple effect of the cussion caused by blanks going off sure does add a huge effect to the whole thing.

it was one fo the best memories i have of being a cadet........that and billet boxing(whole other story there)

but yeah, many of this training simulation sused in the cadet force really does make for good game play for airsofting so id advise find people who are with cadets either as a cadet or an instructor and try to get some ideas from them.

Archived