How did the forum start?

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Same as Dave, googled 'uk airsoft forum'. This was top result so joined :)

• Supporters

Funny that you should say it like that marksman :P we were basically sat at school (mod team, bar dave) and said you know what, we could do that :)

I just google airsoft forum uk and here i am :) I've also wondered why you have dev at member no. 1 then dave as 500somthing and then there's a massive gap until like 2,000??? or maybe i'm just not very aware

Mines same as dave and Liam. But on a side note would be good to know a bit of background as dev seems a very mysterious character. You build up a mental picture about what people are Like from reading posts but all devs are understandably manly moderating the forum.

• Supporters
Funny that you should say it like that marksman :P we were basically sat at school (mod team, bar dave) and said you know what, we could do that :)

Im a genius in disguise :P

@Liam, most people arent active, youll know by now who the regulars are ;)

• AF-UK Founding Member

I think at the time ASCUK (Airsoft Community UK) had gone down for a few days and I had the thought that should they go for good (and they did in the end) then there wasn't really any forums hitting up the results for ~ 'uk airsoft forum' (i.e. they're all called something more specific). I realised that people tend to join if you're top and you've all proved it so :P

same as above, googled uk airsoft forum just genenraly looking for an airsoft forum for the uk........and funny enough thats what the forum is called so score

Dave brought me.

Was a member of The Fort foum, but realised that was a tad pointless because:

a)I don't play at The Fort (when it was still around), whilst an open community, it seemed a bit difficult to get involved.

b)The forum was very closely linked with AW, which meant reviews on airsoft guns seemed to be slightly biased in favour of stuff they stocked.

Shame its gone, I did manage to have a few laughs with them.

• Supporters

North Wales?? Bit far off :P try east mids ;)

is it just me or at every forum i am the only person who lives in oxfordshire???

I was in Australia, and had been for 2 and a half months, and I missed my airsofting, so i joined a forum to stay up to date!

Pretty sure i just googled in like the others guys and gals.

same as above... just googled it... and like sarni said, dev is a but mysterious, no name, no known guns... but thats up to him...

P.S Dev, nice little opportunity you saw there

i was looking for airsoft ireland and thought this was it (got lost on google)

put up some posts then got bored and left

moved over to england got bored went on google and found the site again

and every so often i pop i to see whats what im easly bored :rolleyes:

Archived