Sidearm for Sniping?

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I currently have an M4 and recently got an L96, which I used for the first time last week. Snipers have to have a sidearm, so I used my M4, which really wasn't practical.

I had the M4 on a sling on my right side, and then attached two two-point slings to the L96 and wore it kind-of like a school bag :mellow:. This was fine for moving around or getting into firefights, but when I moved with the sniper in my hands, the M4 would hit the ground every time I crouched and bounce around when I ran..

So, I'm looking for a more practical and appropriate sidearm, my friend has a really cr*ppy shotgun, cost him £18 from ActionHobbies.

What's the best pistol sidearm to get in terms of price, I'm not too worried about it being good as I won't use it much, but I don't really fancy spending £100+ on a GBB pistol if I'm not going to need it.

• Supporters

spring shotgun as you said with no stock could easily be mounted on a sling on the side,

if you want a pistol then anything, even spring if you feel you arent going to be using it much.

if you want a really quiet pistol then you cant beat a TM Mk.23 (its non blowback however)

• Supporters

I hate shotguns :P..

Know where I can get a cheap spring pistol? :)

• Supporters

??

Why arm in caps?

• Supporters

Oh lol, and all snipers must have a sidearm where I play..

Personally I'd look for an AEP, they're a bit cheaper than GBBs and you don't need to buy gas etc. Quieter too which helps as a sniper. Not sure if we're allowed to give links to retailers, buy they're quite easy to find.

• Supporters

I was looking at them, still £70~ though, think we can give links to retailers, seen others and seen links to other forums..

• Supporters

I don't wanna spend over £100 on something I'll barely use.. If I could, I wouldn't even have a sidearm.

I could just take my M4, get it chrono'd, take it to first game and then put it in the car for the rest of the day, but stick with my friend who has a sidearm, in case of any closeups..

• Supporters

You know where it's in stock in the UK?

Not a fan of the Mk23... whole point of gas pistols is to have the epic blowback, stupidly loud, very empowering etc. Sure the Mk23 is actually better, but airsoft isn't about functionality.

(I was going to say if it was, then people would just use bb hoses. Then remembered the term "hosing", plus found this... http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Strafer-MK4...ay_AIY56.aspx?0 L0L)

M9 GBB every day.

P.S. Anyone ever noticed that if you fire a GBB as you draw it (so while the guns still moving up), the bb goes way further?

• Supporters

But I don't want to spend over £100 on a sidearm, don't really want to spend over £70..

• Supporters

Ehh.. what's the cheapest pistol sidearm that I can buy that won't break after a few shots?

AEPs are generally cheaper than GBBs, and won't break.

But if you want a GBB, I'd have to say get a TM, they're in a league of their own. And I know some people will disagree with this, but make sure it's a plastic slide, increases reliability a lot.

• Supporters

Thank-you. Time to look for a cheap AEP :)

Archived