Brands to avoid and recommended brands

the_robbo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there, I'm new to these forums and airsoft. I've seen lots of posts around advice for specific guns comparing one brand to another for the same style.

I'm looking to buy an electric gun. I wanted some advice on which brands to avoid and which brands are recommended from a performance, durability and reliability point of view.

Any advice welcome

Thanks

• Supporters

Good high end guns

Tokyo marui- good alrounders

G&p- regarded as the best armalite makers

Vfc- very good high quality guns

Classic army proline

ICS- Great guns, both the plastic or metal, with great gearbox desgins

G&g- (Rock-Climby-Dave's view) From both G&G guns I have bought within the last month and a half, they are fantastic, stupid range coming off the both right out of the box, their 'combat machine' series is also brilliant and the only high end company's cheap gun line that I would reccommend/use. really, marksman, I don't see why you hate them :lol: [/end of Dave writing]

Magpul pts- only make the Masada acr which is ace, but are bringing out and m4/m16 style gun

Systema- professional training weapons, great off you have theft cash

King arms- make generally good guns

Tanaka- collector orientated guns, nice though

Maruzen- same as tanaka

Kwa- bloody good hop ups, good externals- nice ¦

Cheap but good for price

SRC- in my opinion the best starter guns full stop. The g36 rivals the high end brands

Jing gong- the beat clone makers by far

WE-tech- gbbr makers, brilliant for realism with their open bolt systems. Not for beginners though

Cyma- make good AK's and MP5's for cheap

Classic army sportline- Good begginer guns with lots of styles

Avoid

Ares/star- some guns are great, some are terrible. Too unreliable imo

Dboys- cheap and generally flimsy, though they do make the odd good gun- the spr for example

Both elephant- avoid like the plague

Double eagle- useless.... although the ump.45 is supposedly good, but you won't be able to find one.

Anything on just bbs guns= dog turd.

That's all I can think of atm, I may update if I can think of more.;)

I have a ics l85 and a jg g36c

And take it from me the jg shoots easily as well as, if not better than my ics

And you can buy 2and3/4 jg g36's for the price of the ics.

Some people may dissagree (I think due to personal preference) but most if not all of the "profesional" airsoft rifles are built to do a similar job.

Is a tm any better than a ca?

In reality no but if you where to ask at combat south for example they would tell you to avoid ca like the plague when in reality there is little if any difference between the two.

As a general rule of thumb japan built guns tend to be of better quality than there chinease counterparts

But this is reflected in the price the chinease ones are usually half the price.

As long as you avoid the really cheap ones you can't go far wrong tbh give yourself a minimum budget of about £130 (more If you can) and you will be fine.

:)

• Supporters

Japan>Taiwan>China ;)

I think retailers recommending brands over others is mostly wanting to sell stuff thdat they have without needing to order stuff in. Saying that, Steve and the guys are really helpful.

As above, don't spend less than 130-150 quid and you won't do wrong

You are right they are really helpful there they even prepared to order in the cheap china guns.

It just seems to me they have a unjustified hatred of classic army. Lol :P

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

Are the Classic Army sportline guns the ones that're generally under £150? I thought they were meant to be good. From user reviews on various site's I'd gained a rather high, albeit off hand, view of them.

Archived