what do you think of the a&k suv dragounv

chaos19810
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guy and gals

Ive been airsofting for about an year now and have decided that i want to snipe, after an amazing day and invicus with a 5o quid rifle with a broken scope. Well after looking around ive decided thar i like the look of the A&K suv dragunov there is one on this site im looking at and i was wondering on any advice with sniping and espically peoples experence with the gun. If you can recommend another gun the budget i have is £200

thanks

andy

Don't know that much about the gun itself but I'm sure you can find some reviews on the web and on youtube. As for general advice on sniping don't bother getting a ghuille suit unless you play alto of milsims and I would recomend a belt with all your pouches on it. Also best to upgrade the sniper when you have spare cash for better performance.

Hope this helped :)

• Supporters

If you have the money, time, skill and patience, then yes.

Buying a rifle won't make you a sniper, you need to, firstly spend a shed load on upgrades to make it capable of great ranges, and accurate at the same time. You need the time to learn about your rifle, get to know how it shoots, your effective ranges and how good a shot you are. Wind has a.much bigger affect in airsoft too so you need to learn to factor that in.

Patience is also key. You need to be able ro stay still, and move slowly, see but be unseen and know to pick your shots wisely.

You're looking at 700 quid to get a good upgraded rifle, but the skilll and fieldcraft is just as important. A sniper can be very effective.... just the majority of them aren't.

• Supporters

I'd encourage you to get a full auto rifle, bump it to your sites full auto limit and then tune it for accuracy and go counter-sniper or hidden-assassin style, much more fun!

But answering your question, the SVD is sweet!

• Supporters

I forgot to talk about the SVD lol.

Well for sniping use a VSR 10, much better, and more satisfying.

I would.really recommend it as a begginer sniper rifle.... saying that I wouldnt recommend and sniper rifle.

• Supporters

But let's remember folks, airsoft isn't *really* about practicality, it's about how awesome you can look, and the SVD fits the bill perfectly!

If you do want a practical rifle, they're right though, vsr all the way. They're so good, I'm going to get one myself and lock it to 330fps so I can use it as a standard mid-range primary :D Who needs semi or full auto!

Archived