How to paint an Airsoft Rifle

Matt!
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bear in mind that it is Illegal to change the colour of your gun unless you have UKARA membership.

Leaving aside the UKARA v Legit defence as covered elsewhere my understanding was it is illegal to change an IF in any way to make it an RIF. Its not illegal to change a RIF to any other colour, its already a RIF so it wont matter if you paint it brown, white or camo. It started as RIF and ends as RIF. Also from my reading you can change a RIF to IF.

Law was only designed to avoid people bypassing the no buy/import RIF by simple repainting or IF to RIF. Which would in essence be manufacturing a RIF from you IF as you paint it (or swap parts). For that you need legit defence, of which UKARA is one.

Obviously feel free to shoot me down if I misunderstood, but this description of someone with a RIF just making it camo would not to me break any rules.

Leaving aside the UKARA v Legit defence as covered elsewhere my understanding was it is illegal to change an IF in any way to make it an RIF. Its not illegal to change a RIF to any other colour, its already a RIF so it wont matter if you paint it brown, white or camo. It started as RIF and ends as RIF. Also from my reading you can change a RIF to IF.

Law was only designed to avoid people bypassing the no buy/import RIF by simple repainting or IF to RIF. Which would in essence be manufacturing a RIF from you IF as you paint it (or swap parts). For that you need legit defence, of which UKARA is one.

Obviously feel free to shoot me down if I misunderstood, but this description of someone with a RIF just making it camo would not to me break any rules.

Incorrect Im afraid. My brother recently Emailed the Ukara website owners asking on their views as to if he is allowed to paint his two tone (He is one game away from site membership/ukara defence).

"Once you have your valid defence, be it a Ukara number or membership to a skirmish site and if you are over the age of 18 you may paint your gun. Be it plastic, metal, IF or RIF, It can be painted however you like."

I can get him to forward me the email to post if you like. but that was the jist of it.

Im not claiming to be an expert, I am just passing on what I saw in the email as Im considering painting my MP5 the same time.

so in short:

It's legal if you are over 18 and have a legit defence.

Is correct.

Edit-

Thanks for the guide! Will be using this! :D

• 1 year later...

Krylon Fusion doesn't need preparation, something like that. You don't need to sand it down.

They sell it at Patrol Base. www.patrolbase.co.uk

Archived