How to paint an Airsoft Rifle

Matt!
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I was thinking OD, but then I thought "white is rarer, I've never seen anyone with a white gun"..

• Supporters

Good point, hadn't thought of that one.. and you don't see many OD M4s, and I play in woodland.. so..

• Supporters

I hate tan, there aren't really many deserts in the UK... and only gun it looks mildly good on is the Scar..

• Supporters

Okay.. what parts should I paint? I don't want it all green, gonna leave some black.

And it's not legal to paint a two-tone is it?

• Supporters

I'm 17, but what's classed as a legit defence?

• Supporters

Oh, nothing special then.. :L

And which parts of my M4 should turn OD and which stay black?

• Supporters

How is it not legal? It's not two-toned and it never was..

• Supporters

An under 18 can own a RIF, as long as they did not pay a thing towards it, and it was gifted to them from someone who has UKARA?

• Supporters

I was thinking that, and there's nothing wrong with me owning it. I didn't pay anything for it, it was 'gifted' to me, it was a Christmas present..

correct me if I'm wrong but thats the case when it comes to IF. You can gift an IF to someone under 18, however to give away a RIF to someone under 18 (or to someone over 18 that does not have a valid defence) would be a criminal offence.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that the Police will do anything if some1 is painting the gun he OWNs unless, he will get caught in a robbery or something with his gun.(or any other public incident/crossing border that will include inspection =))

Whats the big deal?

Bear in mind that it is Illegal to change the colour of your gun unless you have UKARA membership.

qand if you do paint you gun, you will indeed want to sand down the parts first. it helps the paint to stay on, otherwise it will start to flake off.

id also advise a primer coat aswell, no point having a crappy looking gun unless you're going for a fallout look

• AF-UK Founding Member
I don't think that the Police will do anything if some1 is painting the gun he OWNs unless, he will get caught in a robbery or something with his gun.(or any other public incident/crossing border that will include inspection =))

Whats the big deal?

The big deal is that the above is specifically mentioned in the VCRA. There wasn't a whole lot written in there so what they did write they obviously care about.

The big deal is that the above is specifically mentioned in the VCRA. There wasn't a whole lot written in there so what they did write they obviously care about.

It's not that I am suggesting anyone go and do it. All I am saying that its like going on a red light (as a pedestrian or cyclist that is) it is surely illegal and can lead to a serious accident, but still people do it.

Do Not Do It as you will be breaking the law! Bear in mind that it is a criminal offence!

• Supporters

I'm going on a crusade here, it's kinda a thing I have, but you do not NEED UKARA, you need to prove you are a skirmisher, how you do that is up to you; the point is you NEED to be able to prove that to any reasonable person with no particular expertise about the sport/area.

UKARA is just a tool to make life easier for everyone, and it's a good system, but it's not everything. I got by for two years without it and I purchased/sold/manufactured/traded/imported and got stopped by police during that time without any trouble.

Archived