tokyo marui m16 strip...

tattoo ron
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

help needed for taking apart top and bottom of my m16 tm.

youtoob vids and the link on here say,remove the two pins and pivot or slide apart..

mine dont. what am i missing??

(found none that are spec tm).

• Supporters

OK, this one is a bitch to do, force anything and it is liable to snap:

take the rear butt plate off

unscrew the stock

take the motor out of the pistol grip and unscrew the 2 screws holding the grip to the gearbox, slide grip off

push the body pins out (both the 2 big ones and the smaller one that retains the gearbox)

mag catch needs to be removed I think.

carefully pull the upper reciever forwards with some jiggling actions to free the top from the gearbox and bottom. You will have to pull the charging hanle at some point to completely free the gearbox.

your rifle is now dissassembled, clean the barrel, change hop up rubber, do gearbox work or whatever you were going to do.

• Supporters

neither did I.

or at least, not before breaking the tabs off. (or the previous owner did, I don't know/really care)

it is a LONG strip down by anyones standards. and you can't even replce the reciever as it is kinda funky designed so you'd have to do the whole front end at the same time.

Archived