WE L85A2

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hmmm...

I would find the post that I read, but I really can't be arsed. I think it was on one of the new arrivals topics lol.

Having heard from all you guys about the G39 being good I'm actually really tempted now, can anyone vouch for the range and accuracy? How many shots to hit a man at 40 - 50m for example? 'Cos right now with my M16 it's about 9,000 lol.

Only thing is, I just spent £100 on an ACOG scope because I'm dying to get an M4, does anyone know a decent one in the £200 price range? So far I've found the AGM RIS M4, which I like for it's 400fps and metal construction (I refuse to buy shoddy plastic, unrealistic rubbish) but ideally I'd rather save a bit and get another GBBR, but I want to know it'll work first this time...

I feel like we've broken that forum rule; "Stay on topic" :P

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I really look that old O.o!?!

But I can vouch for the G36, there's one at AWA and it's a marvel compared to the WE Armalites.

Also M4 you say? I might have something for you in that case. Lets take this to PM to avoid spamming up the thread ;)

• Supporters
Do I really look that old O.o!?!

Very funny indeed lol.

Is there a messenger function on here? I've not used the forum much before the last two days.

Or did you just mean private messages?

I think I've sent you a friend request, I thought that might make things easier.

It's not yours untill you buy it from me ;)

Totally wasn't planning to sell it either... Honest.

Though, if I do sell just give me a week or two extra and I'll build you one.

• Supporters

It's alright if you happen to sell it; if you don't have the spares around to knock one together I can always go new. :)

I might, as it hapens need a few more M4 bits off you at the same time though ;)

Now! Back O/T - What do people reckon to the noise this thing will kick out, being as it recoils right next your ears?

I don't think I like the idea, I thought the AEG SA80's were bad enough tbh.

A thin bit of metal to insulate sound? No thanks, I think I'll wait for the AUG ;)

And I will build a gearbox for you, if you're in need of one

Isn't that the level that ear damage occurs at?

Sod using that without earplugs :P

Sounds good Finius, I should be able to supply most any part of a gearbox :D

Gas C-Mag + WE L85 + Cerbo's Ear = WIN!

You'll never catch me with one of these. Not my own one anyway.

And you'll never catch me with any rifle with a C-mag. Never in a million years.

They're the spawn of satan, and I'll jump off of the nearest tallest building if I ever use one.

I was going to get you one for your birthday or crimbo, but oh well... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Just thought I'd add to this because it was briefly brought up at some earlier point.

My brother just bought the Ares L85 and the stock rail it came with for the iron sights will take my ACOG scope.

It's a 20mm dovetail style rail, but despite the bolts running through the ACOG's base, it still attaches fine and despite it not being a weaver rail, it doesn't slide off the front or back, just sits there, fits perfectly.

Maybe I've bought the god of all ACOGs or maybe everyone's just never actually tried to mount a 20mm ACOG to a 20mm dovetail rail...

Either way, I hope it's the same story with the WE L85 lol.

• Supporters

Well it would seem not. I was really surprised when I put it on, I was so certain it would slide off but it just doesn't. You don't even have to tighten it that much.

• Supporters

Well, my ACOG fits on it just as it fit on my M16, if it were 19mm it wouldn't fit because it would be phyiscally impossible to tighten the screws enough.

I was thinking the same though.

I mean, why would Ares sell a 20mm conversion rail if 20mm optics fit on it anyway? I can't understand it.

I'm not quite sure, but the only thing I can think of it's that it's a G&G, which of course is impossible because G&G's have a precocking and G&G stamped on the side of it, but they do have a 20mm dovetail style rail.

Maybe the previous owner (if it had one!) fit a G&G rail to the Ares? It's possible I suppose.

Archived