How to fail at skirmishing

speedfreek
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So my first skirmish was on Saturday with the good folk at Skirmish Airsoft Billericay - and first of all it was a blast!

That's when it started to go wrong....

1. Gun - too powerful, have to take a rental (though Action Gamers really did come to my rescue!)

2. 1st game, grenade goes off in my pocket as I accidentally depress the button

3. Walking back to the safe zone, I savage my ankle, hearing a nasty crack.

The second game was not fun due to the pain, and then I had to sit out the rest of the day! :lol:

Well, it can only get better from here!

Do any of you guys have any funny stories or experiences from your first skirmish?

• Supporters

Gearbox died due to using a s*** battery

mag release fell out resulting in me holding my magazine in from the bottom

almost falling down a massive hole

:)

• Supporters

Going knee deep in a 'small stream'

First ever chrono I got 207 FPS

Running towards the enemy in front of our whole team in a speedball style warm up game and tripping over, luckily I landed looking down the sights, so I declared it a tactical dove :P

• Supporters

Oh yeah and sneaking behind enemies, 5m behind them, about to tap their shoulders, when my little brother decided to ring my radio.

What an annoying little ****

2. 1st game, grenade goes off in my pocket as I accidentally depress the button

I know a guy who had a grenade in his trouser pocket that went off. It tore his trousers and burnt nearly his entire leg. Luckilly he didn't have to go to the hospitol but the people on site had to pore buckets of water on his leg for an hour...

running out of ammo on my rifle, doing a cool tactical pistol draw, and then a click, i hadn't refilled the the gas. :angry:

Slipping on ice just as I was about to slot 2 unaware enemy. I stayed there for a bit as I landed right in crossfire and standing up would have been stupid.

Getting out of muddy ditch, slipped flat on face, got up, slipped again flat on face, just stayed there laughing for a bit

Ran across muddy bridge, slipped backside over head. At least opposition had deceny to shoot me when I had crawled behind some "cover"

sneaked behind enemy, crossed a patch of green to get to a small mound overlooking their camp, turned out to be a bog that went upto my knees.

Whole thing is that its a game, funny things happen, but keep a positive attitude and its fun (and if it isn't fun then no point doing it)

However I always pass ammo out to rentals as they always run out (I mean a mag full is only about a £1), and have lent guys a spare gun to play with as well.

This Also Was At Skirmish Billericay, The Team I Was On Had To Defend A Village And I Saw A Person Right At The Bottom Of The Village On The Complete Front Line, We Were Lying In A Little Cubby Hole Behind Some Wood Barricades With Some Camo Netting. As The Game Started I Saw Many People In My Sight And Was About To Open Fire And Then, "Click", Crud My Battery Was Dead. So I Then Had To Rush Out Of Where I Was And Got Shot Mulitple Times In The Backside. It Was Pretty Annoying. Hopefully This Brings Compensation To People Who Had Done Worse (If Its Possible). :D

ran out of ammo...then ran away. did a quick turn around a building in hope of losing them.....then like some cheesy cartoon i close lined my self on scaffolding

urm... i fell over and then the enemys pop out, i was firing magpul dynamics style, didnt get any kills though as my hop up was broke that game :(

I'm great at these :lol:

I have one from my last skirmish at Heywood with Joe & Dave, and I don't think either of them will let me forget it.

Allow to me to explain:

We discovered a while back that I am very good at hiding in the holly bushes at F&O Heywood, and springing ambushes to defend bases/objects like flags we have to keep. The tactic works really well because few people expect anyone to hide in a really pointy and sharp bush (they've been hollowed out, so its easy).

Anyway, back to the point, last time we were there, it was raining a lot, and everyone was having fogging problems. And due to a 3 players have to leave early, the teams had a minor bit of mixing up. We've playing a game where both sides have an object - and need to get both parts to win.

Despite having been playing at the site for 2 years, I have never actually had to play defencive in this specific part of the site (known as 'the village' I think), so already you can probably see where this is going.

3 guesses. The first 2 don't count.

Yup, I hid in a holly bush, which had a perfect view point. Rob was stood directly behind the objective, whilst Joe and Dave went forwards to try and nick the enemy's objective. I fogged up.

I didn't see - or hear - the enemy scout walk right up to me, behind the bush, take Rob out, take the objective and then walk away right in front of me with the objective.

We lost.

But, I did make up for it. Whilst Joe & Dave went to reload, I managed to sneak right into the enemy base, from behind their lines and almost loot the objective before I was killed. Admittedly I only attacked it from behind because I got lost in the stream and walked to far down...

Mine isn't really a fail, more of a win ;)

2 guys left, pissing off our team. casually walk around the side pretending that i am dead, i didn't have my hand in the air nor did i say hit, so it wasn't really cheating :P so i run up and...well.. SURRENDER! I was kinda scared as i thought the guy might shoot me point blank, he rose his masada in my face :lol: WIN!

the fact that you wrote "pretending im dead" made it sound much more like you were cheating, the way you told me sounded a lot more 'fair'

the fact that i explained directly afterwards how i wadnt saying hit, or had my hand in the air and stated that it wasnt cheating kind of made it obvious, please read it all

it was very funny at the time, and im not gonna offend him anymore, cus im relying on him and his dad to take me to a skirmish in less than a week :P

Also this is my 500th post *party popper*

• Supporters

*eats some celebratory cake*

quite.

well, what Zack did was underhand and sneaky, very cunning and incredibly ballsy. I'd let him off. I'd be a hipocrite if I didn't.

I don't see how anyone could be banned for what he did, he wasn't questioned about wether he was in or not, he didnt say he was out, so all is fine and legal.

If he had wandered around with his hand up shouting hit and then telling the guys to surrender, they would have been well within their rights to tell him to F*** off and shoot him.

hehe, i was rather impressed, i also must express that no matter how many times i read the dictionary description i still dont have a clue what 'hypocrite' means... :S

Mine isn't really a fail, more of a win ;)

2 guys left, pissing off our team. casually walk around the side pretending that i am dead, i didn't have my hand in the air nor did i say hit, so it wasn't really cheating :P so i run up and...well.. SURRENDER! I was kinda scared as i thought the guy might shoot me point blank, he rose his masada in my face :lol: WIN!

Personally I would say that was cheating.. simply because airsofting is supposed to be a pretty realistic imitation of real combat. It was wrong of the enemy to assume you were dead, but a lot of players dont have their hand up for very long after being shot.

Anyway, the first time i ever went airsofting, i was killed 6 times by my own team mates. I dont know why. They were all on the "if it moves, shoot it" tactic.

And last time i went, i dived into a trench, and took up position behind an old tree stump/ base. I pulled on it to stand up and it fell on me, temporarily pinning me. Was quite heavy!

Archived