Dremel "projects"

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hey folks,

My lovely ladyfriend has gotten me a dremel for my birthday and before she got me it, I was sure it was gonna be the best thing I've ever owned, now I'm unsure what to do with it.

I'm fairly handy with tools etc, but I've never really used a dremel for anything before, I've got most of the shaping tools in the kit, as well as cutting tools etc, so I was wondering if anyone could suggest some airsoft-based projects for me to have a crack at - of varying levels of complexity etc. I'd eventually like to work my up to shaping my own fully custom parts (or maybe even a basic outer-shell for an AEG), but small bits first!

Cheers folks!

Edit: Before anyone says it, I know a lathe/mill is more practical for heavy duty stuff, but I'm sure there must be some funky stuff that can be done with just a dremel :)

• Supporters

I'd love to do something like that, might try some wood-grips for a 1911.

I'd really really love to do some wood furniture for an M16 a-la the service rifle from New Vegas...

An ak47 wood kit for me

;)

• Supporters

If I get good enough with wood, I'd be willing to give it a go; I imagine British-made high-quality wood-kits that were completely hand made would be fairly lucrative if I could churn enough of them out...

Haha I was joking unless you evetually want to but once I get a wood kit I would be willing to send the original parts the plastic ones so that you can see what to base it off of etc. But I would want them back lol

For a start it would take you for ever and a year to make 1 ak wood kit with just a dremal never mind doing enough to make some money. If yours has 1 watch out for the clutch mine burnt out and it's a right pain to use now. As soon as you apply even the smallest amount of pressure it stops.

On the plus sign it's a good excuse to treat myself to a new one. :P

with my dremel, engrave pictures and scrollwork onto car camcovers (ally) and plastic cowlings, so easy to do plastic and metal parts of an airsoft..

could even do a camo pattern...

roly006-1-1.jpg

Something small would be best to start out with. I made a sniper stock out of Zebrano wood, (in hindsight not the best wood to use, but very nice grain colour.) But of course most of the work was done with saws and a belt sander, the dremel was just for the intricate parts.

Pistol grip seems like a great thing to get doing, in order to personalise one, something that i might want to start looking into, if i can break my lazy addiction to pc games and do something more constructive.

Archived