Operation Flashpoint Red River

GAV2084
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd give this game a shout as it is pretty ###### amazing and I thought Airsoft fans would love it! Operation Flashpoint Red River! It is a LOT more accessible than any of the previous games in it's series and is defo best to get it on 360 for the co-op multiplayer (way better, less buggy and so much faster and smoother than PC versions) best army tactical sim to date! Check it out if you can.

I really want this game, but i think i'm going to wait until the price goes down a bit, like dragon rising did.

It is well worth the buy, much more composed than Dragon Rising. Best to get it with a few mates so you can fill up your fire team with players that can hold their own. If anyone wants to add me on xBox as I play a LOT on Sundays my gamer tag is GAV2084 or if that doesn't work try it with a space in it GAV 2084.

• Supporters

nah, get it now whilst people are still playing the online parts, It is fantastic. Best way to tell how good a game is is by how many kills you get:

COD: mowing down hundreds of baddies - bad game

Battlefield: Killing tons of dudes, but the rifles are realistic at range and you have to factor in bullet drop (but all rifles drop to more or less the same degree)

Flashpoint: when you get a kill, it feels good because you had to work for it, all weaponry performs realistically and there is nothing more satisfying than being in a squad of snipers (I would assume they were on holiday from COD) and you're all sitting on a ridge and you are consistently hitting people 700M out when everyone else clearly struggles with targets about 200m away.

also, the fact that iron sights are useless on anything more than 50M away is awesome.

my only quibble with it is that the levels to unlock new bits of gear are a little too long between them (espec. in the higher levels)

hell, get the game just for the last mission - it is brilliant

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me, my brother and two of my friends do 4 man fire team missions. Last Stand is my personal favourite! Got to level 5.1 so far, by that time most of our cover had been destroyed so we evacuated.

It is great, and even if you arent a massive fan of anything not cod or battlefield, its great to kill time (and terrorists, and the PLA) whilst you wait.

Can get it cheapish on some online retailers at the mo too!

Archived