Posting a weapon

AndyTranter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

I am trying to organise a courier to pick up a MAC 10 i have organised to buy. but phoned up DHL this morning for a quote. When they asked what it was i was delivering, you can imagine they were taken by suprise when i said "an ingram Mac 10". Obviously further description didnt help, its only a replica, yes it is heavy because its full metal, yeh it does look very much like a real gun.

Ultimately, they f***** me off and said there was no way they would deliver it for me!

Whats the best way to get around this? Should i just lie and say its a heavy book? Plus, what if they scan it in an xray machine? Isit worth putting a note inside with UKASB details, saying all is above board?

Anyone had previous experience? let me know, as i am ###### keen to get it!

Andy T

Tell them its a toy made of Metal and plastic, and put a note to say the recipient is a member of a airsoft site / Ukara registered.

• Supporters

i think its DHL, but im not sure, anyway one company will not under any circumstances ship anything remotely gun shaped

Archived