masada 'AKR'

M_P
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

off topic: is the game..

a) any good

b ) on xbox?

anyway i think we should leave the ACR as it is, 5.56, because if this sort of kit was to come around it would be stupid for it to not be able to accept AK magazines

also, in airsoft it just means more money...

that isn't metro 2033, that's from Tom Clancies endwar, and yes metro is a pretty good game, but very linear.

It is on xbox though, and is good ;)

Though very linear as said, I don't know why but I was under the impression it was going to be like Fallout... It wasn't :(

UGLY? that looks bloody sexier than your bloody "AKR" :P haha seriously, is that real steel? (the Armalite/P90)

Yup, it's real steel.

And the SR-47 is an intelligent design (if it worked properly!) and a lot better than that silly AKR ;)

Though the real steel 'AKR' is probably better than the SR-47, I'll admit that. (Though the SR-47 looks much better :P)

Because the AR-57 is an awesome idea, the AKR is just a rehashed version of the SR-47. ;)

Also, the AR-57 lets the off-hand support the rifle at it's centre of balance - usually where the mag is, making it an awesomely practical rifle :D

I'm fairly sure it uses an ejection port on the side of the upper, similarly to the standard Armalite design.

IIRC I saw a Youtube video a while back explaining the benefits of this conversion, and the hand position was the main one :P

If you said to some enemy 'look no magazine' then spray them with you at 57 or whatever also this akr has been explained by James

I'm not quite sure if you're talking about me or not... :P

But the AR-57 is a civvy conversion kit, because of the widespread availability in the states and the relative cheapness in comparison to the 5.56, or at least the match grade ammo. Or so I'm told.

• Supporters

it looks semi decent because its still an AR at the end of the day but the concept? I just understand why? you use a P90 becuase its small and packs a punch for its size compared to say an MP5. and its classed as a PDW, WHY? its far too long to be considered one in my eyes.

The AR-57 was for freeing up the natural hand position for rifles, and the only top mounted mag that used ammo worth using was the P90, so it just made sense :D

• 1 month later...

The only reasons I can see for getting that masada ak receiver is for either

aesthetics

or

You prefer ak magazines/your chest rig/vest is designed for ak's.

Archived