Can I get other people with UKARA to give me a RIF?

honeybadger

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I want one but I am 13 ,so far i think all 2 tone guns suck well especially the ones from just bb guns :angry:

I want to know if i can find someone out there who has Ukara and would buy me one I would pay him back

Is this legal

definitely not legal if you pay them!!!

Not legal at all. You can be given one as a gift, but not pay for one or for someone to buy one. You'll have to wait till you're 18 I'm afraid.

• Supporters

To be brutally honest if your 13 you shouldn't be buying any guns, be they RIF's or 2-Tones.

• Supporters
Not legal at all. You can be given one as a gift, but not pay for one or for someone to buy one. You'll have to wait till you're 18 I'm afraid.

doesn't this only apply to IF's?

• AF-UK Founding Member

Applies to RIF's as well.

From our sticky thread:

Can my parent buy me an airsoft gun?

They can buy an IF but not a RiF unless they are a member of an insured game site, although if you are under 18 you can be given or win a RIF or IF.

However this is a bit of a loophole in my opinion and I'd agree with Nutster, I don't think a 13 year old can carry the responsibility of having one due to their maturity - especially anything skirmishable as they have a lot more power behind them.

To be brutally honest if your 13 you shouldn't be buying any guns, be they RIF's or 2-Tones.

Thanks anyway I've seen the KWA training pistol two tone and I've also seen sites where they can paint it for you thanks anyway

also just because i'm 13 does not make me iresponsible I know that they are dangerous so I shoot in my back yark away from other people

Iwear eye protection so don't judge because of my age.

Cheers

• Supporters

I wasn't saying that, I know some 13 year olds who are more responsible than some 18 year olds. The point I was making is you shouldn't be buying them since your not 18.

I wasn't saying that, I know some 13 year olds who are more responsible than some 18 year olds. The point I was making is you shouldn't be buying them since your not 18.

Ahh sorry then but I still want a two toner KWA one or can someone recommend a site that does good two tones

Cheers

I don't think a 13 year old can carry the responsibility of having one due to their maturity

thanks Dev ;)

nah joking but obviously there are a lot of others who won't be as responsible as us Honey badger so i guess he has the right to say this, anyway on site you can use camo tape on your gun so thats ok ;)

thanks Dev ;)

nah joking but obviously there are a lot of others who won't be as responsible as us Honey badger so i guess he has the right to say this, anyway on site you can use camo tape on your gun so thats ok ;)

what do you mean by camo tape are you saying if i got a sniper rifle two tone I could cover it in woodland tape

that would be awesome and only at skirmish sites or at home too

If you're gifted a RIF/IF there can be no exchange of money or services involved, so that's to say you can't do a years worth of washing up if your Mum/Dad/Uncle who is UKARA registered buys you a RIF ;)

As long as there is no exchange of money or services, it's completely legal to gift an under 18 a RIF/IF and they can skirmish (as long as the site allows the individual) at most any site under guidance and permission of a parent or guardian.

But as the general consensus goes, it's probably best to wait until you're a bit older to start playing because I know I've seen plenty of younger people who won't take hits/complain when they get killed/throw tantrums... The list unfortunately goes on, but it's mostly down to the individual and the decision of the adult gifting the RIF/IF, I suppose.

When me and a marshal were chatting during a game we saw some kid running for his life and screaming at the top of his lungs then diving into a ditch as he had been hit... EPIC WIN! XD

The KWA Training pistols are not considered as two tones. A two tone colour has to be bright green, bright red, bright orange, e.t.c. And I also know that at a lot of site you have to be at least 14 or 16 years old

The KWA Training pistols are not considered as two tones. A two tone colour has to be bright green, bright red, bright orange, e.t.c. And I also know that at a lot of site you have to be at least 14 or 16 years old

Fairly sure they come in a bright blue two tone option, which by most sites and indeed websites are considered two tones...

I can't actually find the bit of the VCRA detailing the colours allowed...

So for now, I don't know but until retailers stop selling blue weapons I'm okay with buying them, but of course I don't need to buy two tones ever again.

Thank god for that.

• Supporters

From what I remember blue is no longer a 2tone colour as it's the colour used for police training weapons, etc. Though don't see where the problem is with that. :huh:

• 3 years later...

Applies to RIF's as well.

From our sticky thread:

Can my parent buy me an airsoft gun?

They can buy an IF but not a RiF unless they are a member of an insured game site, although if you are under 18 you can be given or win a RIF or IF.

However this is a bit of a loophole in my opinion and I'd agree with Nutster, I don't think a 13 year old can carry the responsibility of having one due to their maturity - especially anything skirmishable as they have a lot more power behind them.

Does this mean that my parents can buy me an RiF if neither are members of the UKARA or am i going to have to get a two-tone?

Does this mean that my parents can buy me an RiF if neither are members of the UKARA or am i going to have to get a two-tone?

Last post: 21 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

That's some necromancy right there.

Do they have a valid defence for buying a realistic imitation firearm? If not then they can only buy an IF, which would be two tone.

King of the necro-post.

If your parents have a defence (ie. UKARA) they may buy one and GIVE it to you. The law gives that ANYONE buying an RIF must have a defence, such as UKARA or other recognised by the Home Office

Give the VCRA, its amendment and its guidance notes a read, its free (obviously) and is the single best point of info.

Last post: 21 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

That's some necromancy right there.

Do they have a valid defence for buying a realistic imitation firearm? If not then they can only buy an IF, which would be two tone.

King of the necro-post.

If your parents have a defence (ie. UKARA) they may buy one and GIVE it to you. The law gives that ANYONE buying an RIF must have a defence, such as UKARA or other recognised by the Home Office

Give the VCRA, its amendment and its guidance notes a read, its free (obviously) and is the single best point of info.

Ok, another thing is:

What is the difference between an RiF and an IF(two-tone)?

Are they just differently coloured or is there something else like lower FPS and poorer overall quality. Does a two-tone perform any differently than an RiF

If not how much of the gun needs to be coloured/clear to be considered a 2-tone?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.