How did you find out about airsoft?

Mitchell Gee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Alright, so i wanna know how you discovered airsoft, for me i was looking at videos of Glock 18's on youtube a few years ago and i just let the idea slip, then when my freinds started looking on justbbguns i was like "Hey, i could better that" so i went out and bought a decent gun and here i am now...

• Supporters

A friend of mine discovered airsoft through some of his counterstike-buddies and demanded I go along to his first skirmish with him so he didn't stick out like a sore thumb quite so bad...I went once and rented, came home, ordered my first AEG that night and haven't ever looked back (my wallet however cries on a daily basis)...

Used to play with toy guns.

internet came along

typed 'toy guns' into google

awesome shop full of ultra-realistic toy guns

-airsoft guns

hooked instantly

lol, fair enough i guess

here you go dave: http://www.kidsarmyshop.com/5-army-toy-guns knock urself out

• Supporters

I will send the first man (or woman) to show us a picture of himself (or herself) using one of the toy guns from the above website in a skirmish, one triple chocolate chip cookie.

There is no catch (except that the cookie may be gone-off or very crumbly by the time the royal fail get it to you). Game on, gentlemen...(and gentlewomen)...

I'm ashamed to say... it was through JustBBGuns that I found out about Airsoft. I'd always had a passion for toy guns and then I found out about these guns that shot BBs. From there, I somehow got into Airsoft, though I can't exactly remember how...

James Bond.

Loved the films as a kid. Really wanted a toy Walther P99. I was 8 or 9 at the time

A mate mentioned that there was a 'really cool gun shop' in York.

Went inside. Saw wall after wall covered in 'airsoft guns'. Dad bought me a really lovely springer P99 (which whilst broken I still have). Still remembered the shop (the guy gave me and my dad a hilarious demostration of a TM Spas 12). Went back to find the shop last year, but sadly its gone. Replaced with an Oxfam (even though, and I kid you not, there were already 2 of the things on the same street...)

Continued to plink with various springers, got a few mates involved. Took up archery.

I found out what real airsoft was nearly 3 years ago. At the same time, another mate did. We loved the idea. Eventually The Lep joined in (RobDelta1, Lep and I all went to the same senior school), and Lep introduced us to Dave.

More mates joined in. We now have a squad.

Fun is had.

a client of mine came in for a tattoo, got talking,and he had an airsoft mag to read..he then came back later to show me his gun, and i was instantly hooked.

then met a few mates who had guns and others thinking about it,and now theres 3 of us locally into it.

following week,got guns and equip. and going on 1st skirmish on saturday!!!

• Supporters

Funny thing is...

Dev said to our group of mates, let's go paintball,

Matt said Ive found this thing called airsoft,

The rest as they say is history :P

• Supporters
Funny thing is...

Dev said to our group of mates, let's go paintball,

Matt said Ive found this thing called airsoft,

The rest as they say is history :P

B)

and look what its ended up as :)

• Supporters

Yeh you lot never go, and now we Dev runs this forum :P

i use to run round the whole village with m8s at 7 yrs old, with toy guns shooting each other. ofcourse when you say you shoot someone they dont always own up. so i thought there must be an easier way of keeping track of kills. this obsession came from playing Resident evil alot, the idea of shooting zombies just appealed to me. owned many toy guns, some with blowback and crazy sound effects.

i first learnt of airsoft at 18 where one of my class m8s brought in a m9 GBB from wolf armouries. he let me have a few shots and i thought "This is MINT!" i just had to have my own. sadly at the time they were to expensive. and never thought much about it. sometime in November i got looking into these GBB guns and found a few more new websites i didnt come across before. i am thankful to say my first purchase was not from just bb guns. but from cheapperbbguns where i bought a m83. i thought this was pretty cool with all the attachments you get for it but it didnt even last a week before i had to send it back. i then replaced it with a m805a which i have recently sold. and now i have a SRC m4 which needs some TLC.

i hope to go to my first game day on the 29th.

lemme get something straight here? a guy brought a GBB into school?! They're like the most realistic toys you shall ever see!

EDIT, i was about to buy a nerf gun, whenever my dad talks to me about air rifles in woolworths i was amazed, so anyway, i nearly order a nerf gun, instead my dad goes, maybe you should buy a BB gun? so i say urm ok, look where me and my dad are now? ;)

ok...was it like a student rebel ( :P ) or something?

when my brother broke my door in, i unloaded a 100rds from my slr into his crappy notebook (he stole it off of me so don't feel any sympathy :D )

but i got into airsofting when i went to the war and peace show about 2003 and my dad got me (in his name of course) my first HFC M190 and ever since i've loved it

To long to type on a phone so the short version is

Springers at work.

Into nuts article about "realistic bb guns"

Into google

Into now!

Finally into packages being sent to my mum and dads house as the mrs was going mad at me for buying new stuff all the time. Lol :P

Archived