Fail sniper rifle or not?

walshy155
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

400 fps?

So, too low for a 500 fps limit site (major disadvantage)

And too high for restricted sites (can't use)

I would have to say no too.

• Supporters

Comes with a magazine that doesn't need shells as well doesn't it?

The point about upgrades is very true, this is basically a what-you-see-is-what-you-get rifle; unless you have some serious dedication to getting it fixed for a far higher cost than it's worth...

Still totally cool to shoot though being as it's got shell eject!

I thought I was trading a Well L96, but it's a mauser SR, is it as good as the other well/warrior/utg?

Is it the same just re branded?

Can someone tell me if it's as good or whatever?

Can anyone tell me if the mauser SR is as good as the other l96's?

If you want any form of decent sniper rifle, go for a higher end one.

Maruzen do arguable the best L96, TM do the best M700 based rifle. (Yes, I'm not even going to suggest the TM L96, because it isn't worth it! It's the same as the Maruzen, but you're sacrificing performance for the correct mag placement, and if that mattered that much you'd get a Tanaka L96 anyway!)

The Maruzen being the APS Type 96, the TM being the VSR. The feel and build quality of the high end bolt action rifles are superior in every way to any clone rifle.

Those both being spring, they're arguable the top of their respective categories, however if you wanted to get into a more realistic sniping experience some would say a gas bolt action is the route to take. I'd agree, and the KJW M700 is a fantastic rifle, it's got the FPS you'd need (plus a way to adjust it, if only by a little) and even though the stock barrel and hop rubber are... rubbish, they're VSR compatible. You can stick a VSR barrel and bucking into a KJW M700 and they're going to fit fine. It also takes any nub you care to try, H-nub, SCS or otherwise.

Otherwise, with gas bolt actions you're going to be spending alot more money than with the VSR or Type 96 to get similar performance.

In other words, don't go for the Well/Warrior/HFC/Rubbish low end brands if you're in any way serious about sniping, because even after upgrades if you polish a turd, it's still a turd.

If it's your first rifle, I'd recommend not sniping.

You'll just get bored when you rifle doesn't perform how you expect it to, and you can't do the things an AEG can do.

But it's up to you in the end

Well I'am quite patient, and I've always liked sniping. Plus the lock of the l96.

I bought an AEG and it was not out of the box working.

I bought a well g55 gas mp5k, very good gun, but I don't have the money to keep on buying gas.

And so now I'm trading for a L96.

Archived