Any interest in an 'app'?

Deva
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love to do the latter Lep but not sure I have the technical know-how for it and we don't have the money to get someone to do it.

Would you be able to give me a full list of what that app can do just so I know what we're up against? And anything you think it has missing. Obviously it would be great to be better and free.

Ahh its no worries mate, tbh i should be getting my computer fixed soon so its all good :)

Right... its divided into three section: calculator, weapons and gear

Calculator: This can change the fps at any weight of bb to another weight of bb (ie 350 with .2 to 313 with .25), it also gives mph/kph/meters per second and flight distance in meters/cm/foot/inches (using muzzle height which can be changed to your specific height in settings). Then theres field settings with AEG, GBB and sniper settings (the fps limit, current fps and the 'delta', ie how much over/under)

Then theres the Weapons section, where you can keep track of all your 'gunz', in addition to acessories (foregrip, scope plus their makes) plus number of mags and what type they are etc, which is pretty much similar to the Gear section too (name and make)

Hope this has helped, as you can see theres a fair ammount of stuff in this app, but the calculations section is by far the most useful :)

• AF-UK Founding Member

Updated it with an FPS calculator.. let me know how I could improve it as I'm not sure the wording is perfect.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/app/#

You can enter any BB weight you like and it'll sort it out for ya ;)

Edit: Have introduced error checking so you can't give it minus values etc. if you have an idea to try and break it please let me know and report back.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Still work in progress though. Hope to make it a little snazzier but not had any ideas for that yet. Hopefully the design will be a little better by the end.

Still need to sort out range, switching speeds into different types i.e. mph etc., also thought of putting a 'spring suggester' in there to tell you what spring you'll need to buy if you want to be firing 'x' FPS with 'x' g BB's.

Not too sure on getting the gun notes etc working on the web, think that would require log ins and stuff, would have to brush up on my Javascript. Definitely something to go in the mobile version if I can manage to code it.

Edit: Added the FPS converter now, let me know what you think on that too.

Get an iPhone 4 and ill race u with my desire, I will win:)

I think its a great idea, I wiuld certainly download it,

Also, nice to see the android revolution is taking over :P

Maybe a beginners guide to airsoft on it... hint hint.:P:lol:

If Iget round to finishing it lol

And my begginers guide! i get the feeling you copied me sometimes :P

• AF-UK Founding Member

Any feedback on the app BatHat? I've realised the FPS converter isn't that great as you can only convert from FPS at the moment so I'm looking in to making it possible to convert from any type of speed to another.

Any feedback on the app BatHat? I've realised the FPS converter isn't that great as you can only convert from FPS at the moment so I'm looking in to making it possible to convert from any type of speed to another.

Very nice, kinda wishes i new how to code... i would give it try but i don't know what software u need... the only problem with that app is the fact i dont know what FPS my gun fires at, so i cant use 3/4 of it :P apart from that very nice, but it would be good if it had a "log book" and "videos" section... that reminds me, are u gonna convert the forums youtube account into a community video channel, as im looking at doing a review of my GR16 as soon as i fix it...

@Mitchell, as much as the community channel sounds good, you know your gonna get some idiot who decides it is funny to get the account banned or deleted etc.

also my gun fires 250fps with a .25? cool :)

also i would do a video of my G36 if needed, i could always send you the raw/edited video so you can upload it (@Dev) ;)

• Supporters
And my begginers guide! i get the feeling you copied me sometimes :P

No lol, I didn't even know u hdad one lol.

@dev its great, however on the FPS calc, it would be useful to be able to see the FPS result for more than 1 weight ;)

As you say, other speed units may be useful, however I don't think I'd use them too much, others might though :)

we have a forum YouTube?

when i said community channel i meant by we send in the vid to dev or a mod, the review it to make sure its suitable, they upload it etc.

But lets get this thread back on topic before we get "Angry Mods" :P

http://www.youtube.com/user/AFUKTV Marcus :)

anyway i do think you could get away with making minor improvements and adding a journal/log thing and you could call it a forum app, only thing is, i would love it do be a thing that doesnt need internet connection to work, so that i could use it at a skirmish (i know it would be stupid taking a laptop to a skirmish :P )

-Zakaria

• AF-UK Founding Member
@dev its great, however on the FPS calc, it would be useful to be able to see the FPS result for more than 1 weight ;)

You can? Just change the desired weight and hit submit again.

Zak it isn't finished yet and it's doubtful the log book thing will be on the online one anyway. It would go into the mobile version if I have time to make it over the summer.

I've updated the FPS converter to a velocity converter now so that you can convert any unit to any unit.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/app/#

Edit: Range calculator and a few improvements added. What am I missing now Lep?

Seems to be issues with the Range calculations:::

58.88 metres / 193.17 feet (.2 - 347 - 1.52)

58.88 metres / 193.17 feet (.4 - 347 - 1.52)

58.88 metres / 193.17 feet (60 - 347 - 1.52)

152.71 metres / 501.01 feet (60 - 900 - 1.52)

152.71 metres / 501.01 feet (.2 - 900 - 1.52)

Seems the range is not working correctly?

BB weight has no effect by the looks of it (including a 60gram BB! lol).

FPS if changed by a small amount will change the result (1 or 2 fps makes a difference).

Height changed by .2 or so will make a difference.

BB no difference to outcomes at all.

Just a heads up! (I am using Google Chrome by the way and all the other formulas seem to work well!)

looking good indeed. when it says that it should be charged 5.3 hours, does that mean 5 hours 30 min or does it mean 5 hours and 3/10 of an hour?

Think it needs to be clarified, and if the second case a converter should be made..

• AF-UK Founding Member

It did mean 3/10 of an hour. I've now fixed it so it displays in minutes though. Feel free to test/bugcheck:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/app/

Also noticed a bug where by you can enter letters and you'll get an error message saying 'You must enter values in all fields!' - will be fixed tomorrow.

Well I can gladly say it is working fine on my HTC Wildfire ;) seriously quick the way you made that!!

Archived