Any interest in an 'app'?

Deva
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• AF-UK Founding Member

I was wondering if anyone would be interested if I produced a page which was able to give various facts and figures etc.

The kind of things that would be on there would be a battery charge calculator, energy of weapons, FPS on various BB's lalala

It'd start off on here but have quite an 'app' feel to it and if I have time over the summer I might develop it for iOS & Android.

Let me know if you like the sound of it and as many suggestions for what could be in it would be great (i.e. what you want to calculate or other useful info)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds good, only thing i would love is if it was a downloadable app, then if i did, for some reason, need to calculate something on site...i could bring my laptop, i wouldnt mind paying £0-£10 for such an app really, since it would (hopefully) be of high quality!

i'd definetely like it on android, and same again would be willing to 0-10 pounds

:) android FTW! lol thing is i have an Ipod gen2 and never updated the OS on it so i think it might be at 3.(something) so if it is on iOS then i hope it isnt the most recent one :P also i just think apps run faster on iOS, so i have filled up my Ipod (8gb) with apps, 1 song ;)

• Supporters

free would be better, get more downloads, maybe have some links or something back here to boost site traffic?

things I would want is like a logbook type thing for guns: what was done when and what FPS it is giving on a certain date, if that makes sense.

then obviously calculators and things.

actually thats true, like record chronos before and after upgrading guns etc.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Love the logbook idea this is what we need. Any more?

I had no intentions for charging for it and just hoping that it would drive traffic back to the forum. At the moment the web version is what will come first (as it's easiest) but if all seems good then I'll go for the iOS and Android app.

great idea, dont want to waste time to find out people dont want it/only 20 people used it or something...

i thought maybe when you have time, the app could be updated (mobile versions only though) and have a mini version of the forum, but you need to have internet connection or something, not a great idea really but something, maybe a small encyclopedia as in, A-Z airsoft and explanations as to the answers to common questions and why these are answers, maybe a section where you can type in your FPS with a .2, then it should tell you what FPS should be with a .23/25/28/3/4/43 etc :)

• Supporters
:) android FTW! lol thing is i have an Ipod gen2 and never updated the OS on it so i think it might be at 3.(something) so if it is on iOS then i hope it isnt the most recent one :P also i just think apps run faster on iOS, so i have filled up my Ipod (8gb) with apps, 1 song ;)

Get an iPhone 4 and ill race u with my desire, I will win:)

I think its a great idea, I wiuld certainly download it,

Also, nice to see the android revolution is taking over :P

Maybe a beginners guide to airsoft on it... hint hint.:P:lol:

If Iget round to finishing it lol

well doesnt run fast on iOS 4 AFAIK but anyway putting Marksman's guide there would be cool, if you split it into chapters..or something?

if marksman ever had the time he could probably shorten it, to a compact guide such as,

Newbie+sniper=NO

Newbie+AEG= :D

:lol: haha joking but just a thought, or marksman can make his own app lol

Just to say, there already is a airsoft app (called 'airsoftapp') on the market (at least for the iPhone, not sure about Android) as i actually have it, and you can put in 'x' ammount of fps and it will give you conversions from a .2 (or whatever you want) into a .25/.3 etc etc, plus there are extra sections where you can keep track of your guns and kit (what make, cost, accessories etc)

HOWEVER, it does cost 59p, so if you can make it free Dev then you would have a niche in the market, plus any other additions that will make it stand out :)

Also, i like that sound of an app for the forum, as sometimes the full site is a little annoying to work with (no offence, obv its designed for a full computer not something thats 4" by 2" :lol: )

• AF-UK Founding Member

I'd love to do the latter Lep but not sure I have the technical know-how for it and we don't have the money to get someone to do it.

Would you be able to give me a full list of what that app can do just so I know what we're up against? And anything you think it has missing. Obviously it would be great to be better and free.

The one I have is called airsoft helper and it calculates fps and battery charge times.

A pile of wa*k really worst 59p I have ever spent.

i think someone on the forum advertised that :) maybe it was the other one.. :huh:

• Supporters

Basically all free ones on android are crap.

Pyramid airsoft wizard

Useless, more or less.

Basic FPS converter. Converts to m/s joules etc. Won't say FPS for different weight bbs.

Battery charge calc seemed to work ok.

Had airgun stuff.... no clue about that stuff.

Airsoft FPS calc basic.

Will say the FPS for different weight, but only has .2, .23 and .25 options.

Easy to use though.

Airsoft FPS tool basic.

Same as the last-minute exactly but also includes a save feature to remember FPS readings, like you guys were talking about

Easy to use, helpful due to being able to save.

Airbana.

Lots of features, places to play, events, even teams. Had a region filter to.

Had an FPS calc.it worked well but....to change bbs weight, joules or FPS u have to use these fiddle sliders which are a nightmare. It took me 2mins 43 secs to set it at 350fps on .28's

It was good except for the FPS calc.

What a good one needs.

Easy to use is a must, having to type in numbers is better than sliders.

Personal FPS diary is good.

Battery charge calc would be good.

Must be easy to use is the most important.

Oh and advertisements for the forum :P

• AF-UK Founding Member

I think it would definitely be free as it is something that hopefully people would find helpful and come to the forum for more help or just to be a part of the community.

Those that have said they would pay, we already have the patches or just a straight off way of donating if you want to help us out financially.

Any codeslaves on? Programs like this shouldn't be a problem if you know the formulas... actually... anyone wanna PM me some of them n I can have a go (I understood it as no programming have been started?)

I'll definatley get this if you go ahead with it. Do a diary section maybe. Have you seen the SAS survial guide app? There's videos on that, maybe you could do something like that if you have the time and can work out how to do it! :lol:

Archived